Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Krivsky working phones (7/30)

Re: Krivsky working phones (7/30)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    Dan O'Brien used the US Postal Service.
    No truth to the rumor that wan DanO was trying to make a trade with the Indians, he was using smoke signals from the top of Mt. Adams.

DanO tried covering up calling it a Barbeque.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tejada has only been the the Orioles for three years, so he would not have 10-5 rights.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red
    LOL- GM's today use Blackberries, text messaging, email, cell phones to communicate with each other quickly.

Dan O'Brien used the US Postal Service.
    The Postal Service? Carl Lindner wouldn't spring for stamps. DanO was all about the Pony Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    The Postal Service? Carl Lindner wouldn't spring for stamps. DanO was all about the Pony Express.
    Who was riding the horse?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Who was riding the horse?
    Well, the horse wasn't really a horse...it was on it's way to the glue factory when DanO made the aggressive move to improve his delivery method from walking his mail to the location and instead riding this fare steed.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Well, the horse wasn't really a horse...it was on it's way to the glue factory when DanO made the aggressive move to improve his delivery method from walking his mail to the location and instead riding this fare steed.
    I pictured him on roller skates.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

tomorrow should be interesting.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    tomorrow should be interesting.
    it will be a boring day for the Reds.

Gary Redus Ruled

I gotta believe O'Brien had the Sesame Street Phone my daughter has. You know Elmo talks when you press one, Big Bird #2, Grover #3, etc. etc. The man was the worst GM. How the hell did he get his job? Its only reminiscent of how Dave Wannestedt single handedly ruined a perfectly good Dolphins team. Now he's gone and theyre back. Go for it tomorrow Krivsky..you da man!!
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I like Wayne Krivsky.

You know he's doing what he can, you know he wants to win, but he keeps it close to the vest and doesn't show his cards.

Dan O'Brien had no cards.

This is what I miss about the O'Brien era...... Redsland....

"Truly the news today causes a variety of effects, both physiological and psychosocial, but none more so than those with us now. Obviously the events of the day were precipitated by a litany of precursors, some in our control, and others less so. Still, as I look at the open yardage ahead, I know that other days will be like this one to one degree or another, but largely by happenstance rather than by design. Because let me be clear: a bucket is not a tree house, nor should it. With that I’ll take a few questions."

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42487
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    This is what I miss about the O'Brien era...... Redsland....

"Truly the news today causes a variety of effects, both physiological and psychosocial, but none more so than those with us now. Obviously the events of the day were precipitated by a litany of precursors, some in our control, and others less so. Still, as I look at the open yardage ahead, I know that other days will be like this one to one degree or another, but largely by happenstance rather than by design. Because let me be clear: a bucket is not a tree house, nor should it. With that I’ll take a few questions."

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42487
    I can just see the AFLAC duck shaking his head, ala the Yogi Berra commercial.

"You can put a cat in the microwave but you can't get a dollar out of a pancake. It's just that simple."

Dan O'Brian explaining why Austin Kearns was sent to Lousiville (and attempting to be funny).
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 07-31-2006 at 08:00 AM.

What in the heck does that quote mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    I gotta believe O'Brien had the Sesame Street Phone my daughter has. You know Elmo talks when you press one, Big Bird #2, Grover #3, etc. etc. The man was the worst GM. How the hell did he get his job? Its only reminiscent of how Dave Wannestedt single handedly ruined a perfectly good Dolphins team. Now he's gone and theyre back. Go for it tomorrow Krivsky..you da man!!
    He was a legacy...Uncle Carl HAD to take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    He was a legacy...Uncle Carl HAD to take him.

Turn Off Ads?