Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: offtopic: yankees

offtopic: yankees

So are u telling me that there is a remote chance this september that the line up for the yankees will be

Damon CF
    Jeter SS
    Rodriguez 3B
    Matsui LF
    Sheffield RF
    Giambi 1b
    Abreau DH
    Posada C
    Cano 2b

Thats seriously SICK

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: offtopic: yankees Jesus Christ

They just gotta shore up that 9 spot with Soriano.

that lineup may well be at home watching in oct. though
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Not fair.

GOREDSGO32

Too bad they still won't make the playoffs. Then hilarity will ensue.

Re: offtopic: yankees

be that as it may, even if they are staying home in OCtober, they will have those players under contract at the start of next season when all is 100% healthy.

this is of course, if Steinbrenner picks up shefffield's 07's option (which most have speculated that after this deal was made, it pretty much sealed Sheffield's fate for next year)

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

The Yankees are an absolute joke. I'd be embarrassed to be a fan. They're like a kid filling out a team full of all-stars in his back yard. The Yankees' taste isn't exactly discriminating. If you make more than $10M/year, they want you.

They have $100M more payroll than anyone else in the majors. That's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    The Yankees are an absolute joke. I'd be embarrassed to be a fan. They're like a kid filling out a team full of all-stars in his back yard. The Yankees' taste isn't exactly discriminating. If you make more than $10M/year, they want you.

They have $100M more payroll than anyone else in the majors. That's just insane.
    The bad part is that they are playing by the rules. You can't fault them for that. Something does need to be done though.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Abreu is a smart acquisition, even for the money. That lineup will absolutely wear pitchers out. And, I don't just mean the numbers 4 and 5, but the ace of just about any club. If a pitcher has a rough first inning against the Yanks and runs his count to 25-30 pitches, he's probably not hanging around enough to qualifty for a win no matter what his offense does. And, then, you had better have a dominant bullpen to hold them for 4-5 innings... only a handful of teams are even in the discussion.

On top of that, Lidle is better than the number fives they have been rolling out all season.

I agree that all of this is unfair. By taking on that salary, the Yankees have just cranked the disparity issue up a couple notches. It's not Steinbrenner's fault that baseball continues to allow this to happen. It's a crime perpetrated by the game, not the Yankees. Only when there is a salary cap and a system similar to what we have in the NFL will baseball truly realize the popularity it once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    Abreu is a smart acquisition, even for the money. That lineup will absolutely wear pitchers out. And, I don't just mean the numbers 4 and 5, but the ace of just about any club. If a pitcher has a rough first inning against the Yanks and runs his count to 25-30 pitches, he's probably not hanging around enough to qualifty for a win no matter what his offense does. And, then, you had better have a dominant bullpen to hold them for 4-5 innings... only a handful of teams are even in the discussion.

On top of that, Lidle is better than the number fives they have been rolling out all season.

I agree that all of this is unfair. By taking on that salary, the Yankees have just cranked the disparity issue up a couple notches. It's not Steinbrenner's fault that baseball continues to allow this to happen. It's a crime perpetrated by the game, not the Yankees. Only when there is a salary cap and a system similar to what we have in the NFL will baseball truly realize the popularity it once had.
    baseball is more popular than ever. check out the attendance figures.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

If Matsui and Sheffield make it back...that seems to be the question....I know they bothhad appointments for their various injuries but have not heard how they went.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    baseball is more popular than ever. check out the attendance figures.
    Balonga. Millions of fans take the period off between the NCAA tournament and the opening weekend of the NFL. Baseball is second and third in the hearts of way too many sports fans. I wish it were not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    Balonga. Millions of fans take the period off between the NCAA tournament and the opening weekend of the NFL. Baseball is second and third in the hearts of way too many sports fans. I wish it were not so.
    Major League baseball is a lot more popular than college basketball IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    be that as it may, even if they are staying home in OCtober, they will have those players under contract at the start of next season when all is 100% healthy.

this is of course, if Steinbrenner picks up shefffield's 07's option (which most have speculated that after this deal was made, it pretty much sealed Sheffield's fate for next year)
    What's their rotation look like next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Major League baseball is a lot more popular than college basketball IMO.
    Well, it's about 10 times more popular with me. I watched about 2 minutes of college baseketball all of last season. But, about 80% of the people who work in my office say hi.

Turn Off Ads?