Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: per MLBtraderumours. Oswalt might be part of deal to get Tejeda!!

per MLBtraderumours. Oswalt might be part of deal to get Tejeda!!

per mlbtraderumours.com

"Roy Oswalt's Name Enters The Fray
    Here's a new one: could Roy Oswalt be traded in the next 18 hours?

According to the Baltimore Sun:

"Several industry sources confirmed the Orioles and Astros are negotiating dealing Tejada for third baseman Morgan Ensberg, shortstop Adam Everett and Oswalt, 28, who has already won 91 major-league games."

The O's have said they are looking for established Major Leaguers in return for their superstar shortstop, and Oswalt fits the bill. Baltimore would have to have competitive designs for the 2007 season, as Oswalt is a free agent after that.

According to Value Over Replacement Player, Oswalt has been the fourth best pitcher in the league this season. Last year he ranked fifth in VORP. It's tough to see how the Astros would win this year with no dependable starters behind Roger Clemens. Perhaps a Rodrigo Lopez type pitcher would come to Houston in the unlikely event Oswalt is dealt. "

I cant belive the Astros would give up Oswalt with both Clemens and Pettite looking at retirement!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: per MLBtraderumours. Oswalt might be part of deal to get Tejeda!!

Unless Purpura fell and hit his head, that one sounds more like an Orioles fantasy than anything else.
    Not all who wander are lost

That isn't going to happen.

The O's would have to cover nearly all of Miggys contract to even begin to demand Oswalt in return, even then I still doubt it.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

What's strange is that reports say it is BALTIMORE that's having reservations about the deal.

If I'm Baltimore, I take that deal in a New York minute. That's an awful lot for Houston to give up for one player.

No way that Oswalt becomes part of a deal for Tejada. If that happened it would leave Houston with no pitching and a shaky bullpen.

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    No way that Oswalt becomes part of a deal for Tejada. If that happened it would leave Houston with no pitching and a shaky bullpen.
    Not there is anything wrong with that

From what I've been reading, most of the teams in the hunt for Tejada want to move him to 3B and that has been the sticking point for a lot of the botched trades.

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    From what I've been reading, most of the teams in the hunt for Tejada want to move him to 3B and that has been the sticking point for a lot of the botched trades.
    thats why houston has the most interest because thats the only team he would like pretty much play ss for

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08
    thats why houston has the most interest because thats the only team he would like pretty much play ss for
    Duh, I'm blind, I didn't see Everett's name when I first glanced this article.

Me personally, the way the Astros have played this year, a move like this would be nothing more than polishing a turd
    Last edited by dman; 07-30-2006 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Duh, I'm blind, I didn't see Everett's name when I first glanced this article.

Me personally, the way the Astros have played this year, a move like this would be nothing more than polishing a turd
    Exactly. I understand that Houston's hitting isn't there, but why trade off probably the most solid starter in the NL for a SS? I know Tejada hits homers....but so does Berkman. If that happens, Houston in my opinion, is only hurting their cause and chances at going to the playoffs.

Let's all pray that this trade happens.
    I hate the Cubs!!

Im losing more respect for mlbtraderumors.com by the minute. I understand that rumors are nothing more than rumors and that many things can go wrong and make a trade fall apart. But yesterday we had the rumor where the website said that the reds and Tejeda talks might be back on and come to find out it was more along the lines of Craig Wilson. And now on the site it says that Lastings Milledge was taken out of the game. Since it had been posted they have updated it and said that he was ejected and not taken out. But that is something that never should have been posted in the first place if they had spent more than 30 seconds of looking at a box score.

I love posting about rumors and i understand that many times the rumors are true but they just fall apart for one of many reasons and it looks like a lie....but research the topic instead of trying to be the first one to have breaking news. I will not be checking mlbtraderumors.com after today cause it is nothing but a glorified gossip column.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k
    Im losing more respect for mlbtraderumors.com by the minute. I understand that rumors are nothing more than rumors and that many things can go wrong and make a trade fall apart. But yesterday we had the rumor where the website said that the reds and Tejeda talks might be back on and come to find out it was more along the lines of Craig Wilson. And now on the site it says that Lastings Milledge was taken out of the game. Since it had been posted they have updated it and said that he was ejected and not taken out. But that is something that never should have been posted in the first place if they had spent more than 30 seconds of looking at a box score.

I love posting about rumors and i understand that many times the rumors are true but they just fall apart for one of many reasons and it looks like a lie....but research the topic instead of trying to be the first one to have breaking news. I will not be checking mlbtraderumors.com after today cause it is nothing but a glorified gossip column.
    Anymore, I just wait until the day after I hear a rumor to see if prosportsdaily.com has some mention of it, then I start to give it some credence.

According to Rosenthal the Astros have pulled out of the Tejada sweepstakes. If the O's had put Oswalt right back on the market things would have been real intersting tomorrow.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5831512
    Last edited by cincy jacket; 07-31-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Baltimore ownership makes thing very hard on any trades casue they want physical done and before they sign off on any player trades.
    Last edited by Royals Fan; 07-31-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Turn Off Ads?