Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Schmidt on the block

Jason Schmidt on the block

According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Giants are now open to discussing a Jason Schmidt trade.

Giants GM Brian Sabean has maintained all along that he'd be a buyer, not a seller, but it might be best for the franchise's future if he goes back on his word. Re-signing Schmidt to a long-term deal would be very risky, and he has a great deal of trade value as easily the best pitcher on the market. Stark says the Mets are talking to the Giants about Schmidt, and the Red Sox, Angels, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Braves and Dodgers are among the many other contenders likely to have interest.
    Source: ESPN Insider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason Schmidt on the block

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Fan
    According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Giants are now open to discussing a Jason Schmidt trade.

Giants GM Brian Sabean has maintained all along that he'd be a buyer, not a seller, but it might be best for the franchise's future if he goes back on his word. Re-signing Schmidt to a long-term deal would be very risky, and he has a great deal of trade value as easily the best pitcher on the market. Stark says the Mets are talking to the Giants about Schmidt, and the Red Sox, Angels, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Braves and Dodgers are among the many other contenders likely to have interest.
    of course, the Reds would have little interest.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

He's the only guy I'd want tommorow.

Anyone else I hope like hell we pass.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

My thoughts are the braves will get him for prospects like mcbribe and there young double a catcher for Schmidt my thoughts.

My thoughts are the braves will get him for prospects like mcbribe and there young double a catcher for Schmidt my thoughts.
    the Braves are as dead as the Astros.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

maybe but John S always pulls someting out of his bag or tricks at the trade deadline, Schmidt was former brave farm hand 2 who went to the bucs.

I wouldn't count on too many in the press knowing what Special K is up to and what he is not up to...he may not be in on the talks but then again, he is no Bowden and keeps his mouth shut.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I doubt Schmidt is going any where at all.

Gary Redus Ruled

He's all but said he'd like to pitch for the Padres next year I believe.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    He's all but said he'd like to pitch for the Padres next year I believe.
    Seattle, he is from Washington.

This is a guy I would trade some of my best spects for. I'd really push to explore signing him long term, but I'd pull the trigger on Schmidt even without that. If you get him here and he loves being on the club, it might be easier to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    This is a guy I would trade some of my best spects for. I'd really push to explore signing him long term, but I'd pull the trigger on Schmidt even without that. If you get him here and he loves being on the club, it might be easier to resign him.
    I can't see getting schmidt just with prospects, even if bailey were one of them. The Giants are going to want some major league talent as well.

I'm toolsy.

Jason Stark on Mike and Mike now saying that the giants would be looking for a Carlos Lee type return on Schmidt, meaning they want MLB players in return so they can stay in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    of course, the Reds would have little interest.

The Reds have very little to offer, except maybe Encarnacion, Votto, Bruce and Bailey and none of those are going anywhere for what is most likely and aging rental (even though he is a still dang fine pitcher).

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Schmidt has been on the block since ST. Not sure where this nugget came from.. LOL! Schmidt would look great at the top of the Reds roation. He could take some pressure off Arroyo.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?