Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If we can't win this wildcard ... may as well give up on humanity

GOREDSGO32

If we can't win this wildcard ... may as well give up on humanity

Fun fact, theres a total of TWO teams in the NL vying for the Wild Card with a winning record - the Reds and D-backs. That's 5 teams in all of the NL with a winning record. We gotta win this thing. Thank God that there's no more interleague - there very well could be an NL team with a losing record making the playoffs. Somehow my memory wants me to think that actually happened pretty recently, but I can't recall - it might have been the NFL.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: If we can't win this wildcard ... may as well give up on humanity

last year the padres won the west with an 82-80 record.

Somewhat reasonable

I think the worst MLB has ever seen was the '73 Mets, who won the East with an 82-79 record, then beat the Reds to get to the WS.

Oops. Second-worst.

Forget the Wild Card, the Reds can still take the division! There's a BIG four game series coming up against St. Louis on August 7-10. With how good the Reds have performed against St. Louis this year, if they can take three of four or possibly sweep the Cards, they'll be in very good shape. C'mon the Cubs just swept the Cards in a four game series. You think the Reds can't do it too?

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoWhiteSox
    Forget the Wild Card, the Reds can still take the division! There's a BIG four game series coming up against St. Louis on August 7-10. With how good the Reds have performed against St. Louis this year, if they can take three of four or possibly sweep the Cards, they'll be in very good shape. C'mon the Cubs just swept the Cards in a four game series. You think the Reds can't do it too?
    "F" the Wild Card. I don't want to buy a T-Shirt that says WILD CARD CHAMPS .

(But, if I have to, I will... )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    "F" the Wild Card. I don't want to buy a T-Shirt that says WILD CARD CHAMPS .

(But, if I have to, I will... )
    Love the Wild Card. It's our best chance to make the playoffs. I could care less how we make the playoffs. The Marlins won both of their World Series with a Wild Card birth and the 'Stros made the series last year as a Wild Card. I'm not saying the Reds will win it all, but everything starts over in the playoffs. Plus, would you really buy a t-shirt that said, "NL Central Champs"?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?