Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lohse is a Red

On the Farm Forum ...

a poster is reporting that Zach Ward will be traded to the Twins for Kyle Lohse.

BTW, Lohse has been one of the unluckiest pitchers in all of baseball to this point. (H% of 35 and Strand % of 57 ). He has been as unlucky as Cormier has been lucky.

Just saying.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49422
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: On the Farm Forum ...

Awful trade if this is indeed true.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I would be a little upset. Lohse is horrible. And so much for Bob's pledge to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Awful trade if this is indeed true.
    Completely agree. Whether Lohse has been unlucky or not. He makes a decent salary and IIRC, is arbitration eligible again this offseason. Ward has a bright future and is one of the prospects I had hoped the Reds would hang onto along with Bailey, Cueto, and Travis Wood.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If true, another Krivsky stinker. If he loves the Twins so much, feel free to move back to Minnesota.

You can't say Castellini isn't spending money. If you want to disparage him, do so for allowing them to spend BAD money. These two trades would add what 5 million to the payroll?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I would be a little upset. Lohse is horrible. And so much for Bob's pledge to spend money.
    Bob's pledge to spend money is probably irrelevant. I don't think money has anything to do with it. We just don't have the chips to bring in the big names on the market.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    You can't say Castellini isn't spending money. If you want to disparage him, do so for allowing them to spend BAD money. These two trades would add what 5 million to the payroll?
    My bad...you are correct. I guess he could have traded for Pavano and spent money. Usually when you add payroll it means you are getting better, which is what I took his pledge to mean. Lohse is no better than Mays.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    Bob's pledge to spend money is probably irrelevant. I don't think money has anything to do with it. We just don't have the chips to bring in the big names on the market.
    I can't agree with that. The Yankees gave up next to nothing for Abreu and Lidle. I don't expect Bob to drop $20 mil at the deadline, but there has to be a happy medium.

If this is true it suggests that the Reds were not going to trade their top prospects for a veteran pitcher this year. Bailey, Bruce and Votto remain (so far) as do Wood and Cueto.

Lohse on the season has an xERA of 3.96

Over the last month with a h% of 24 and a strand% of 69(just average) his ERA has been 3.18

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    a poster is reporting that Zach Ward will be traded to the Twins for Kyle Lohse.

BTW, Lohse has been one of the unluckiest pitchers in all of baseball to this point. (H% of 35 and Strand % of 57 ). He has been as unlucky as Cormier has been lucky.

Just saying.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49422
    Point taken with his BABIP, but there are still some glaring red flags with this guy. 8 HR in 63 IP. His K/9 rate is the best it's been in his career, but it's still not that great. His K:BB is bad, and has been for years. RH batters have been murdering him this year. .904 OPSA and 7 of those 8 HR.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    Point taken with his BABIP, but there are still some glaring red flags with this guy. 8 HR in 63 IP. His K/9 rate is the best it's been in his career, but it's still not that great. His K:BB is bad, and has been for years. RH batters have been murdering him this year. .904 OPSA and 7 of those 8 HR.
    if he didn't have warts the Twins wouldn't be wanting to trade him. He is simply a roll of the dice just like the acquisition of Majewski and Cormier. Bray is different, he actually has BPIs that support his success to this point.

He hasn't started a game since May. If this is another bullpen addition, I'm ok with it. If he's going into the rotation, I'd have rather the Reds not traded Germano to the Phillies. I saw Germano as a slightly lesser version of the Lizard. but he did have a good first start. And if your number 5 guy can go 6 while only giving up 4 runs, then Phillie gets what they want. Lohse should not start a game for the Reds, but I am worried he will.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Marc's blog is now reporting the deal as done.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Turn Off Ads?