Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lohse is a Red

Re: Kyle Lohse is a Red

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Would you throw in say Votto to make that work?
    I would.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Show the love Wayne K.......Claussen and Majeski to the Giants for RHP Jason Schimdt.
    That would be a horrible trade for San Fran. Pathetic return actually.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Does anyone know if this is what the 4:30/5:00 press conference is about? I'd have to assume it is - and talk about the Cormier trade,
    This place use to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I would.
    So would I. I'd also like a unicorn, and a chocolate moat around my house. I figure that's about as likely as Schmidt being traded to the Reds for that kind of package.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr
    Does anyone know if this is what the 4:30/5:00 press conference is about? I'd have to assume it is - and talk about the Cormier trade,
    it will be about whatever they've done today.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    That would be a horrible trade for San Fran. Pathetic return actually.
    Let Special K spice it up. But Schimdt should be on his radar screen if he is available.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Man Pills

Special K

If he's not careful, I'm going to start calling him Special Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I just have a bad feeling about this. I really feel that Zach Ward is going to be a productive major league pitcher. If I'm off on that, fine, but it just kills me that the Reds traded away a draft pick that was actually developing well in our system for a player that the Twins have been trying to give away since late May.
    Zach Ward seemed like he would be a good fit for GABP.
    I guess the best we can hope for is Lohse to pitch good in the NL and that Wards success was because he was to old for the league he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    If he's not careful, I'm going to start calling him Special Bus.

Let Special K spice it up. But Schimdt should be on his radar screen if he is available.
    I agree - but the Reds don't have the trading chips to land a Schmidt. They used them on Majic and Bray. Unless you are willing to add Bruce or Bailey, otherwise you have no shot at Schmidt, IMO.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Krivsky seems to me (to this point) to be the type of person that enjoys shopping at Value City vs shoppnig at Ethan Allen.

i.e.- I can't see a player like Schmidt coming to Cincy.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I was fearing opening Redszone and seeing a thread proclaiming that Lohse was a Red. That's just because I don't think he improves our team.

Then I see we gave up one of our better prospects for a guy who got dumped from the starting rotation this year...
    That's a tougher pill to swallow considering the Twins were completely unwilling to put him back into a rotation that includes Carlos Silva and Scott Baker. They even tried out Boof Bonser for a spell. The back end of their rotation is in the same shape as the Reds. And yet, they'd rather ship off Lohse than keep him around during a heated playoff chase.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Krivsky seems to me (to this point) to be the type of person that enjoys shopping at Value City vs shoppnig at Ethan Allen.

i.e.- I can't see a player like Schmidt coming to Cincy.
    You have to be able to pay the prices in the more expensive store. Our trading chips are limited, unfortunately.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    This deal certainly take a hideous turn if Lohse gets put into the rotation.
    But I think that's what Lohse is headed towards. Claussen has iffy health, and when they traded Gernamo, they no longer had any bodies left to man that #5 slot.

If I had to bet, I'd say that Lohse is starting.

The pen is actually in pretty good shape now. Everyone other than Majewski has been pitching pretty well of late, even Weathers. Plus, we just added Comier..
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Dan (Minnesota)
    Rob, do you see the Twins making any more trades besides the Lohse trade to the Reds? What would you do if you were Terry Ryan?

ROB NEYER
    If I were Terry Ryan I probably would make sure that my scouting director was the happiest scouting director around. And I would thank my lucky stars that Kyle Lohse won't be around to blow any more games.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?