Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lohse is a Red

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: Kyle Lohse is a Red

Would it be safe to assume that Ward was one of the organization's (already thin) top 10 prospects?

2. Turn Off Ads?

BP had this to say about Lohse... prior to this season in their annual.

"Not a stathead's type of pitcher, but not everybody can crank out a Quality Starts half the time, and if that's your 4th or 5th starter then you have something."
    I wonder what the spin will be on this acqusition?

With the stink from this year his stock has dropped like pets.com, in 4 starts in AAA he is 2-1 with a 1.50 ERA and 2 complete games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    My guess is Lohse starts Saturday which is the next time they needed the 5th starter.
    Oh great. I have tickets to that game.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    If Lohse is going to be pitching out of the pen, then this move - along with the Cormier trade - may be a precursor to something else this afternoon.
    Boy I hope so.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I think Wayne has done a good job, but I think another move has to be made. If Cormier and Lohse are both put in the bullpen and then he turns around and trades Majewski to someone like the Royals to get Mark Redman (to use as their 5th starter) and some prospects, I would have to think we'd be much improved. With Lohse in the 5th starter spot and only Cormier added to the bullpen, I'd be concerned.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What's really cool is thinking about what the Reds will look like in 5 or 6 years.

Joe Mauer will be behind the plate, Justin Morneau will be at first, Torii Hunter will be in center, and the rotation will be anchored by Francisco Liriano and Johann Santana.

That'll be sweet.

Cormier became the twelfth member of the pitching staff. Lohse is number 13. I'm thinking Standridge is likely the odd man out here, and that's a shame, because against RH hitters he's been flat out dominating this year. He should never see a LH hitter though. Shack is the same but just the opposite.

So what it really comes down to is the pen needed upgrading because Narron doesn't know how to use the parts he has. Great.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I could live with him in the BP if it meant that Weathers was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Oh great. I have tickets to that game.
    Poor you going to a major league game... I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    Now I understand why Ward was not promoted to high A.

Keep those numbers looking good in low A.
    For Lohse, I'm not sure it would have mattered if he got pounded in High A. Lohse's ERA makes DWill look like a star.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Minny thought so highly of Lohse that they took a middling A-baller for him seems to be my take.
    they'd have kept him if cheap, but given his contract would need to nontender him at the end of this season. As we might also

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    What's really cool is thinking about what the Reds will look like in 5 or 6 years.

Joe Mauer will be behind the plate, Justin Morneau will be at first, Torii Hunter will be in center, and the rotation will be anchored by Francisco Liriano and Johann Santana.

That'll be sweet.
    Don't bet on it. Krivsky only seems interested in acquiring the crappy Twins.

Do we have any space on our roster for Al Newman?
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A "power" arm who can't strike batters out.
    how's your "I hate Arroyo" bumper sticker holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    A "power" arm who can't strike batters out and has control problems.

Well, his k/9 this year has gone up to 6.50. Of course all the rest of his numbers are lousy.

I know nothing about him except he seems to be incredibly overpaid for his numbers, and he pronounces his name funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan

That'll be sweet.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?