Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Trades down, anymore coming???

2 Trades down, anymore coming???

If I was a betting man, I'd say no because Krivsky won't be able to find a deal worth making. What do you guys think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2 Trades down, anymore coming???

I would like to see him get the no longer needed Izturis(with the acquisition of betemit) from the Dodgers. At least he would actually bring solid defense at SS.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I hope he's able to acquire a starter. If he's willing to move Zach Ward, then he'll probably be willing to add another prospect that we won't like him to trade (not Bailey or Bruce). Additionally, we now have a couple bullpen arms that we could move and bullpen arms are in high demand.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I still think we get a right handed bat, preferrably a SS.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    I would like to see him get the no longer needed Izturis(with the acquisition of betemit) from the Dodgers. At least he would actually bring solid defense at SS.
    I find it interesting in this week's SI that we were listed as one of the suitors for Izturis.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 07-31-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels
    I think find it interesting in this week's SI that we were listed as one of the suitors for Izturis.
    Dodgers are coming to Cincinnati, may already be there. Would be an easy guy to get in uniform, moving from one dugout to the other. I would love to see Izturis as a Red.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

I think find it interesting in this week's SI that we were listed as one of the suitors for Izturis.
    I really think Clayton, and his lack of defense and offense, will slowly drag this team down if the problem is not addressed. They still might hang on to a playoff spot with him at SS mainly due to the ineptitude of the chasing teams but SS is an obvious hole.

BTW, if the DBacks go out and acquire a solid starter(they have the resources) I think they would become the wild card favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Dodgers are coming to Cincinnati, may already be there. Would be an easy guy to get in uniform, moving from one dugout to the other. I would love to see Izturis as a Red.
    The other possibility is Jack Wilson and his salary.

The only problem with acquiring these guys is Narron might actually be inclined to bat them up in the order.

If it was me I would do two more things

1) acquire a good defensive SS.
    2) acquire Matt Stairs (a LH power bat) for the bench and PH role.

That would go a long way to solidy some of the problems.

LaRue is still here (as far as we know), I wonder if LA would do that for Iz
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If I was a betting man, I'd say no because Krivsky won't be able to find a deal worth making. What do you guys think.
    With some of the deals Wayne is making, I bet he has people lined up to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    maybe.

I could forsee a Larue/prospect(AA pitcher) for Izturis. The Reds would probably have to kick in some money as well.

It WK doesn't acquire a quality defensive SS he has failed to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarQuest
    They have Russ Martin who has beaten the crap out of the ball as their starter and the overpaid Toby Hall as their backup. I doubt they have interest in LaRue, unless we got Hall back from them in return, and there's no point in that, IMO.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I think Krivsky still has a couple of big deals in the air depending on what else does or doesn't go down. I wouldn't be surprised to see us do something moderately sized like moving Claussen and LaRue.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    They have Russ Martin who has beaten the crap out of the ball as their starter and the overpaid Toby Hall as their backup. I doubt they have interest in LaRue, unless we got Hall back from them in return, and there's no point in that, IMO.
    Hall has already said he wants out because he has no intention of being a backup. Money is not really an issue for the Dodgers and Larue has always been a superior player to Hall. I am sure they could move Hall if they wanted to. Larue would be a nice insurance policy for a team like the Dodgers and he kills an opponents running game.

Turn Off Ads?