Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN News coming back with Reds news

Re: ESPN News coming back with Reds news

Is it possible that Ward was not promoted so as not to hurt his trade value (or to enhance his value)? Maybe the coaches don't think he projects?

This is pure speculation on my part. I've never seen the kid pitch, and his numbers look real good.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michst
    How was Phillips owned? What did they say to him?
    Basically, how Phillips called the Reds-Nats trade the worst trade in the past ten years and how the Reds bullpen ERA had went down two full runs. Phillips came back and was basically speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Basically, how Phillips called the Reds-Nats trade the worst trade in the past ten years and how the Reds bullpen ERA had went down two full runs. Phillips came back and was basically speechless.
    And it's no thanks to the trade. Because of Majewski's recent toxicity he and Bray have a combined 7.50 ERA. Right now there's no way to put a smiley face on the Majewski end of this deal.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    And it's no thanks to the trade. Because of Majewski's recent toxicity he and Bray have a combined 7.50 ERA. Right now there's no way to put a smiley face on the Majewski end of this deal.
    Sure there is. He and Denorfia have a mullett contest going on. Its been of great interest to watch :
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    If Phillips called any trade the worst of the past 10 years he's opening himself up to a crusher and it sure wouldn't have anything to do with current Reds ERA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    If Phillips called any trade the worst of the past 10 years he's opening himself up to a crusher and it sure wouldn't have anything to do with current Reds ERA's.
    Kazmir for Zambrano was Jim Duquette's handiwork.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Kazmir for Zambrano was Jim Duquette's handiwork.
    My bad, I wonderd that almost as soon as I typed it.

Oh well, if Phillips were any good he'd still be employed as a GM, not a critic of those who are.

Turn Off Ads?