Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone listening

RotoHester

Anyone listening

To marty right now on 1530? He is lighting up Felipe Lopez!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone listening

what did he say about him

Anything worth mentioning from the press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44
    what did he say about him
    The reds would never make it to the worlds series with lopez as the shortstop.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Nor will they even sniff the World Series, or possibily the playoffs, with the crap they are playing at SS right now(Clayton/Castro).

Lopez has always been in Marty's doghouse, with the exception of about 4 weeks last year when Lopez was really hitting hot.

As soon as the Reds picked up Castro again, you knew Marty would want Lopez out of town
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Nor will they even sniff the World Series, or possibily the playoffs, with the crap they are playing at SS right now(Clayton/Castro).
    At least Clayton and Castro have a clue as to what to do with a ball.

Yeah...watch it roll on by.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

That is about when I started listening. I think he said that not just the Reds but no team will make it to the playoffs with FeLo as their SS. He said he does not make the routine play and has brain cramps. He also said that he really likes Clayton and would not care if he hit .170. He thinks EE sits because Aurilia has that veteran presence needed down the stretch and EE does not. Well, that and the error problem. But Marty said that if EE can fix that problem he will be a force but he sees him eventually moving to 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    That is about when I started listening. I think he said that not just the Reds but no team will make it to the playoffs with FeLo as their SS. He said he does not make the routine play and has brain cramps. He also said that he really likes Clayton and would not care if he hit .170. He thinks EE sits because Aurilia has that veteran presence needed down the stretch and EE does not. Well, that and the error problem. But Marty said that if EE can fix that problem he will be a force but he sees him eventually moving to 1st.
    That is a better summary...

Yeah, Marty has been beating the "EdE to 1st base" drum all season.
    Frankly, I think that's a crazy idea. EdE's defense isn't that bad, and there's hope for improvement.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Yeah, Clayton's statueesque range and three errors since the trade sure are an improvement over Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Yeah, Marty has been beating the "EdE to 1st base" drum all season.
    Frankly, I think that's a crazy idea. EdE's defense isn't that bad, and there's hope for improvement.
    No his defense is not all that bad but I do like the idea of moving him to 1st.I think he'd be a good defensive 1st baseman and the less pressure of playing 3rd will make him an even better hitter. It worked for Tony Perez.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Stranger things have happened. You remember who the starting SS was for the D-Backs when they won the WS in '01?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vic715
    No his defense is not all that bad but I do like the idea of moving him to 1st.I think he'd be a good defensive 1st baseman and the less pressure of playing 3rd will make him an even better hitter. It worked for Tony Perez.
    exactly!

Turn Off Ads?