Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larue's probably on waivers tomorrow

Larue's probably on waivers tomorrow

the revocable ones, that is. who still needs a catcher?

and if someone should claim Larue on waivers, do we pull him back, or simply say, "Enjoy?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Larue's probably on waivers tomorrow

Hundreds of players will be on waivers tommorow.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    the revocable ones, that is. who still needs a catcher?

and if someone should claim Larue on waivers, do we pull him back, or simply say, "Enjoy?"
    Country Boy can survive a trip to the airport to go to another town...

Hopefully we get something in return for him, but I wouldn't get my hopes up

Keep in mind that sometimes waivers are put out there to see who does have interest. Someone may step forward that we can work a deal out with. We shall see.

Every player in baseball will be put on waivers tomorrow. Not just LaRue.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Every player in baseball will be put on waivers tomorrow. Not just LaRue.
    I remember last year when Griffey was one of those players. The board was nearing a nervious breakdown.

Varitek had to leave the Sox-Indians game tonight after hurting his knee. The Sox wouldn't be afraid of his contract.
    Last edited by Spitball; 07-31-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

How bad did the Varitek injury look? I would like us to get something for Larue.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    How bad did the Varitek injury look? I would like us to get something for Larue.
    Wily Mo?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Now that we're into the waiver period, I have a feeling the Reds still have some powder in the horn, and here's why:

July tends to be a seller's market in the wild-card era. In August, there are more sellers and the players who get through waivers tend to be the more expensive ones, and if the sellers can't get talent in return for their expensive players in July, sometimes they'll settle for moving the money in August. If Castellini was serious about taking on some money for a stretch run, we might have chances down the road.

The other possibility is that they'll swear Homer Bailey is going to finish the season in Chattanooga right up to the moment they announce he'll be starting in Cincinnati that night, but I'll take the front office at face value for now.
    Not all who wander are lost

We saw the Bats play the Mud Hens yesterday and the Bats were sitting on the nests. No life in those guys, no heart beat could be heard.... I wonder if it had something to do with the deadline talk?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    I remember last year when Griffey was one of those players. The board was nearing a nervious breakdown.
    I think it was 2001 where it was a National story because JR was on waivers.
    Go Gators!

The post-deadline period is actually a great time for teams to trade bad contracts. For example, LaRue for a mediocre veteran starter who isn't worth what he's being paid, but would make a nice #5 starter for a team in need of such a thing. Walt Jockety has been good at those sorts of deals in the past -- didn't he pick up Woody Williams for Ray Lankford that way?

C'mon Wayne, watch that waiver wire and save us from 10 more Claussen starts.

no, griffey was on waivers last year because he was almost traded to the white sox.

the 2001 story was different. the reds waived griffey - as teams do with 100s of players. he was claimed, and the reds revoked the waiver - again as happens all the time. but at the time i don't think the practice was widely known. news of griffey's waiver mysteriously leaked out - and if i recall it was widely accepted that seattle had leaked it as some sort of classy revenge for getting "screwed" in the griffey deal. (this is all from memory, so correct me if i'm wrong.)

/\ I remember the same, it was the Mariners.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?