Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which Team is the Biggest Trade Deadline Winner?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yankees

63 41.72%
  • Dodgers

26 17.22%
  • Rangers

9 5.96%
  • Tigers

4 2.65%
  • Reds

44 29.14%
  • Royals

1 0.66%
  • Padres

0 0%
  • Brewers

4 2.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: Deadline Winner

Re: POLL: Deadline Winner

I'd go with the Mets, but they aren't there.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    We gave up too much for Lohse.

Ward and Cueto were our future. Not a good move.
    ///cueto wasnt traded in the deal!.. where did you hear this?? all was talked about was Ward.. IF he gave both for this guy thats ridiculous.. he could ofer them both for a better pitcher!!

They call me "chef"

To those who voted for the Yankees: they weren't the winners. They were just the ones with a 200 million dollar payroll.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I voted for the Dodgers, but the Mets did well for themselves as well.

I actually like what the Brewers did quite a bit. But the Yankees take it hands down. Jeter, Abreau, Giambi, ARod, Sheffield is the sickest top five I have seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I actually like what the Brewers did quite a bit. But the Yankees take it hands down. Jeter, Abreau, Giambi, ARod, Sheffield is the sickest top five I have seen in a long time.
    Don't forget Matsui. I think I heard he may be coming back soon. Sheffield is more of a question mark on whether he will be back.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Yea but they did just trade for all of them, the yankees main problem is there starting pitching.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Hmmm, the Mets? It seems to me they actually got worse. Sanchez done for the year, no Nady and all they got was Hernandez? Milledge can take Nady's place and he can play as we all know but the kid may not be ready for what's to come. I got the feeling that Nady was clearly a more mature guy and could likely handle a NY postseason run. Oliver Perez is a non-factor too me.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Anyone who gets Bobby Abreu without giving up much has to be a winner. The money means very little to the Yankees.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

From this list, the yanks.
    Go Gators!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Bobby Abreu and Lidle for a couple minor leaguers that probably wouldn't see the light of day for the Yanks? When I first saw that trade I thought highway robbery, so they probably win.

The Mets did pretty well too, getting a guy for the back of their rotation and bullpen help for Nady, which may open up a spot for Lastings Milledge to get more playing time, possibly?

Yankees, hands down. Abreau is the best bat traded. Lidle is arguably the best starting pitcher traded, unless Maddux gets rejuvinated in LA.

A more controversial question would be who was the second and third place finishers? For 2nd, it's a toss up between LA and Mets probably. I guess I'd pick LA though. Oh, I see the Mets didn't even make the poll But they picked up a decent reliever in Hernandez and potentially Perez will help them in the #5 slot and beyond.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Roster glue

I said Dodgers; the additions of Betemit and Lugo should help improve an offense that in spite of leading the NL in OBP (.349), and fifth in runs is needful of inflield bats; currently without Jeff Kent and Nomar Garciaparra, both key contributors. Swapping out Cesar Izturis (.252/.302/.353, 126 PA) and Ramon Martinez (.303/.365/.375) for Betemit (.291/.351/.512) and Lugo (.308/.373/.498) should pay dividends in keeping LA's offense productive in the present.

Maddux and Dessens provide a marginal upgrade over the disgruntled, ineffective Odalis Perez and the hittable Danys Baez (5.3 K/9),

The part of their activity with the most potential of biting them later is the inclusion of Joel Guzman in the Lugo deal. True, he did not have a position and his numbers are inflated in Las Vegas, but Tampa got a potential jewel for a 30+ shortstop in Lugo not likely to live up to the price tag he commands at the end of the year, IMO.

Any word on if the Dodgers and Tampa had differing opinions on where Guzman will end up on the diamond?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    To those who voted for the Yankees: they weren't the winners. They were just the ones with a 200 million dollar payroll.
    True, all you need is cash to do what the yanks did. I can just imagine the phone calls the yankees make to other teams. Hey this is the Yankees calling how much you want for Bobby. He's not for sale (enter the million Dollar man Ted Dibiase Steinbrenner) Everybody has their price how about one million billion trillion dollars! OK DEAL

Turn Off Ads?