Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claussen rehab 7/31/06

Re: Claussen rehab 7/31/06

Brandon just got all those nasty runs out of his system tonight. He's saving the Zero's for the show. :all_cohol

2. Turn Off Ads?
    VWRED

we couldn't give this guy away(Claussen)

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Lohse said he'd prefer to start in an interview he had with Marc Lancaster, but said he would do what the club asked of him. I think you Spot Start him Saturday and if he struggles then move him to the pen. We have to give Claussen another start at Louisville. If Lohse exceeds expectations then leave him in the rotation and move Claussen to the Pen.

Claussen has rotator cuff problems, it can be awhile before you arm strength is able to return. He didn't face a major loss of velocity, but it can take months sometimes before you feel like your old self.

Per Marc:

I know the Reds told us Kyle Lohse would be working out of the bullpen, and they told Lohse the same thing, but I've got a sneaking suspicion he'll get that start Saturday night.

Jerry Narron hedged a bit following today's press conference, addressing the matter this way:

"I know if Brandon Claussen for whatever reason can’t pitch on Saturday or he does not pitch well for us, we’ve got a pretty good alternative. We’re really just seeing how the game goes tonight, seeing if Claussen’s healthy, and a decision will be made sometime later this week."

After Claussen gave up six runs on seven hits, plus three walks, in 5 2/3 innings tonight for Louisville, I have a hard time believing the Reds will run him out there against the Braves this weekend. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Regardless of the cause this is the same old Claussen we have come to know all too well and despair of his taking the mound. I agree with Marc. No way are going to waste a game on him Saturday.

Maybe Germano will get another shot..................

Oh wait....nevermind
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    Lohse said he'd prefer to start in an interview he had with Marc Lancaster, but said he would do what the club asked of him. I think you Spot Start him Saturday and if he struggles then move him to the pen. We have to give Claussen another start at Louisville. If Lohse exceeds expectations then leave him in the rotation and move Claussen to the Pen.
    And if Lohse struggles and he's moved to the pen, who takes his place? I guess we could always deal for someone at the deadli....oh wait, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    And if Lohse struggles and he's moved to the pen, who takes his place? I guess we could always deal for someone at the deadli....oh wait, never mind.
    Phil Dumatrait is on the 40 Man as well as Michael Gosling. Claussen could be another option if he improves at AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    Phil Dumatrait is on the 40 Man as well as Michael Gosling. Claussen could be another option if he improves at AAA.
    ...and then the fat lady is warming up those vocal cords.

How u doin

I dont think he is major league talent

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08
    I dont think he is major league talent
    i know we have a pitcher in chattanooga that is.

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    i know we have a pitcher in chattanooga that is.
    Anderson Machado doesn't pitch

I would think there has to be serious questions about how healthy he is after the pounding he has taken in his rehab starts.

Turn Off Ads?