Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Clark, couple of questions

Team Clark, couple of questions

TC,

I had a couple of questions for you coming out of today.

First, what is the line on the Lugo deal? You guys get more than you hoped? Was Lugo really asking for an 8M+ extension? What is your scouting report on the guys you got back? I seem to remember Guzman at least being a solid spect.

Second, did TB get anything else of note done today? Were you guys in any interesting talks that fell through that you can talk about now that the deadline is past?

Third, you mentioned in another thread you were hearing pretty solid stuff about Krivs being in on some big names. Can you give us any details? Any other good tidbits you can share now that the deadline is past, CIN or TB related or otherwise?

Finally, any more word on the thoughts about the guys in AAA? What is the TB brass going to do with these guys? Is Upton actually coming up with Lugo gone?

Thanks in advance for anything you can share. Your insight is always very much appreciated.

If this stuff isn't acceptable for general board use and you can chat, shoot me a PM. Always good to touch base.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Team Clark, couple of questions

Rotoworld.com says:

Devil Rays recalled third baseman B.J. Upton from Triple-A Durham.
    Upton isn't playing tonight, but he should be in the starting lineup beginning tomorrow. The Rays certainly aren't calling him up to sit. Expect him to have considerable value in AL-only leagues. He'll be worth grabbing in mixed leagues if he gets off to a hot start. It's possible that he'll steal a dozen bases over the rest of the year.

Damn shame, given all the barking this kid and his friends did just a couple of days ago.

Yeah, but if money didnt have anything to do with it, they all should be playing in TB. Dukes, Young and Upton are all unbelievably talented. Dukes and Young need a little maturity still, and I dont really mean baseball maturity, but talent wise, all 3 of them probably should be starting for TB 3 months ago. I am curious though as to the Upton situation and if the move to 3rd is for good, or if it is just a stop gap until they can get him to move somewhere else.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    Damn shame, given all the barking this kid and his friends did just a couple of days ago.
    Yeah, but I don't think he was involved. I think it was more of Delmon Young and Elijah Dukes. Dukes with his comments in the USA Today about the "Sewer Water Shower In The Minors" and with Delmon Young and the "Bat/Umpire" incident.

I take that back, it was BJ Upton that had the tirade about not being promoted to the majors and Delmon and Dukes with him.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 07-31-2006 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Yeah, but if money didnt have anything to do with it, they all should be playing in TB. Dukes, Young and Upton are all unbelievably talented. Dukes and Young need a little maturity still, and I dont really mean baseball maturity, but talent wise, all 3 of them probably should be starting for TB 3 months ago. I am curious though as to the Upton situation and if the move to 3rd is for good, or if it is just a stop gap until they can get him to move somewhere else.
    I don't think that's for anyone but the manager and GM to say. There could have been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that was holding them back.

A little maturity? That's an understatement.

I hate that he was called up. I hope he does something stupid and gets sent right back.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    TC,

I had a couple of questions for you coming out of today.

First, what is the line on the Lugo deal? You guys get more than you hoped? Was Lugo really asking for an 8M+ extension? What is your scouting report on the guys you got back? I seem to remember Guzman at least being a solid spect.

Second, did TB get anything else of note done today? Were you guys in any interesting talks that fell through that you can talk about now that the deadline is past?

Third, you mentioned in another thread you were hearing pretty solid stuff about Krivs being in on some big names. Can you give us any details? Any other good tidbits you can share now that the deadline is past, CIN or TB related or otherwise?

Finally, any more word on the thoughts about the guys in AAA? What is the TB brass going to do with these guys? Is Upton actually coming up with Lugo gone?

Thanks in advance for anything you can share. Your insight is always very much appreciated.

If this stuff isn't acceptable for general board use and you can chat, shoot me a PM. Always good to touch base.
    1) Yes Lugo wanted an extension. I know that was discussed and broke off this morning. Lugo would have been traded MUCH sooner if Upton could catch groundballs. Upton thinks every play at SS could get him on Sports Center. Making the routine plays is too much to ask. (FeLo says HI) I do not have any data on the new guys coming in. From the sound of it we got what we wanted.

2)We were in talks with Toronto. I was heavily involved in that. We may actually get a deal done with them in Mid August. We had a nice package involving Lugo but Toronto wanted the opportunity to sign him to an extension. Lugo wants to be a FA. The tail wagged the dog on this one.

3)Krivsky was involved in the Tejada and Oswalt deals. Krivsky could have landed Oswalt from the Orioles. The asking price for Tejada was pretty darn high. I'm not sure I would trade a 20 game winner for a limited range SS no matter what power numbers he has. They can get an above avg SS to hit for avg and put up HR's in Minute Maid.

I spoke with my "sources" with the Astros today. Neeedless to say they are mightily PO'd with the Orioles. It's funny if it's not happening to you I guess.

Upton is up. Crying shame on one hand and maybe a good thing on the other. I wanted to be a fly on the wall when he met with Maddon and Mr. Friedman. Whew! Young could go to the Blue Jays or the Padres soon. Dukes, if we can afford to, will be left in AAA. He needs to sit in the corner a little longer.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 08-01-2006 at 12:04 AM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

TC,

Were the Reds even halfway serious in bringing in Oswalt, or was it just passing talks?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

3)Krivsky was involved in the Tejada and Oswalt deals. Krivsky could have landed Oswalt from the Orioles. The asking price for Tejada was pretty darn high. I'm not sure I would trade a 20 game winner for a limited range SS no matter what power numbers he has. They can get an above avg SS to hit for avg and put up HR's in Minute Maid.

can you imagine if Baltimore did the trade and we got Oswalt???? wow!!! and to think i was hoping the Astros didnt get Tejada!!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    TC,

Were the Reds even halfway serious in bringing in Oswalt, or was it just passing talks?

Reds, Mets and a few others. The Mets had the strongest push. They have a lot of Major League ready talent to deal.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated.

I actually like what the Mets did quite a bit until Linebrink fell through. But dealing Nady and bringing up Milledge probably makes them better.

I assume we would have given up Bailey and probably Bruce in a deal for Oswalt. Would the deal have been something like Claussen, Bailey, Bruce for Oswalt if it had gone our way?

I believe Upton is going to be fine for you guys now that he is up. He'll need some patience but he will get his issues ironed out.

I wish Narron had that type of patience with Encarnacion. He doesn't have the attitude problems, just needs a little understanding regarding the defensive errors. But man, what a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    3)Krivsky was involved in the Tejada and Oswalt deals. Krivsky could have landed Oswalt from the Orioles.
    instead we're holding Bag o'Relievers

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Whew! Young could go to the Blue Jays or the Padres soon. Dukes, if we can afford to, will be left in AAA. He needs to sit in the corner a little longer.
    Delmon Young? The Rays are going to trade Delmon Young? You guys better be getting the farm for that kid.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

It's a damn shame to see how Peter Angeleos has dragged the Orioles to the bottom of the barrel.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Turn Off Ads?