Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Any updates on Gruler and Gardner with the GCL Reds?

Any updates on Gruler and Gardner with the GCL Reds?

Seems like its been a while since either was pitcing in a game. Anyone have any recent updates? Both were putting up decent #'s first stint back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any updates on Gruler and Gardner with the GCL Reds?

Based on another Reds' board I read, Gruler is done. He had more problems with his shoulder and was told to shut it down for the year. Speculation is that he'll retire.

First I've heard of that for Gruler, after his few appearances this year I had at least a glimmer of hope that he'd still make the show someday.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtenn28
    Seems like its been a while since either was pitcing in a game. Anyone have any recent updates? Both were putting up decent #'s first stint back.
    According to milb.com, Gardner has been in 4 games while pitching for the GCL Reds, most recently Saturday and has given up 5 hits & 3 runs (2 earned) in 11 innings with 14 Ks

Gardner is rehabbing still in Sarasota, taking it slowly so he'll come back stronger next spring. It's only been 11 months since his surgery. I don't think he pitched on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster
    Based on another Reds' board I read, Gruler is done. He had more problems with his shoulder and was told to shut it down for the year. Speculation is that he'll retire.
    First I have heard of this. Where did you read this??? I am still holding out hope that Gruler will come around to his potential that got him drafted.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baseballmom
    Gardner is rehabbing still in Sarasota, taking it slowly so he'll come back stronger next spring. It's only been 11 months since his surgery. I don't think he pitched on Saturday.
    Thanks for the info - been a longtime since we've seen you around here, always good to see you.

Please keep us posted on how your son is doing in Rehab.

Here's the thread where I found my information. From what I've seen, the poster who makes the comment has legit sources.

http://mb8.scout.com/fcincinnatireds...cID=4329.topic

If he retires like the poster says will he be on the hook to the Reds for any money like Ricky Williams and Miami.

Richie is feeling fine and getting stronger everyday. He's looking towards next year now. It's been a long year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5
    If he retires like the poster says will he be on the hook to the Reds for any money like Ricky Williams and Miami.
    No he won't. There's a big difference between retiring due to injury and walking away because you want to get high.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballmom
    Richie is feeling fine and getting stronger everyday. He's looking towards next year now. It's been a long year for him.
    Real good to hear. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This is from Fay at the Enquirer...
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...608020354/1071

FARM REPORT: Pitching prospects Chris Gruler, Richie Gardner and Thomas Pauley - all coming off shoulder surgery - are currently shut down.

Gruler, the team's No. 1 pick in 2002, and Pauley, the No. 2 pick in 2003, had setbacks. The Reds are resting Gardner, the team's minor-league player of the year in 2004, so he's ready for the Instructional League.

"We're trying to be smart," said Johnny Almaraz, director of player development/international operations.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    This is from Fay at the Enquirer...
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...608020354/1071

FARM REPORT: Pitching prospects Chris Gruler, Richie Gardner and Thomas Pauley - all coming off shoulder surgery - are currently shut down.

Gruler, the team's No. 1 pick in 2002, and Pauley, the No. 2 pick in 2003, had setbacks. The Reds are resting Gardner, the team's minor-league player of the year in 2004, so he's ready for the Instructional League.

"We're trying to be smart," said Johnny Almaraz, director of player development/international operations.
    .................cuz you can't fix stupid (whoever that line belongs to your royalty check is in the mail)

I feel Gruler will stick it out one more year and see how things go. It must be frustrating to go through all those procedures and than when you think all is well setbacks occur.

Turn Off Ads?