Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa Krivsky

Re: Santa Krivsky

I like the Cormier move. I hate the Lohse move.

I liked Ward. It was a bad trade. I don't care about Germano. He will be a 4th or 5th starter eventually........a dime a dozen. Ward had serious potential. Bad trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

first round is nice, but i am not content with playoffs..i want a W.S. ya know? i want griffey to win one badly. and for his hometown team.

I want a World Series to man, but for God's sake we were a 70 win team the last 5 years. Things just don't change over night, it takes time. The Big Red Machine was a very good team for a long time before they ever won a World Series. A ring this year would be fantastic, but also we have to be realistic. For this team, it's first winning record since 2000 is improvement. Anything more than that is gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy
    I want a World Series to man, but for God's sake we were a 70 win team the last 5 years. Things just don't change over night, it takes time. The Big Red Machine was a very good team for a long time before they ever won a World Series. A ring this year would be fantastic, but also we have to be realistic. For this team, it's first winning record since 2000 is improvement. Anything more than that is gravy.
    didnt the 1992 twins go from worst to first?

there was another team that went from worst to first a few years ago..maybe the diamondbacks? i forget..

so it is possible to turn it around in one year IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan

there was another team that went from worst to first a few years ago..maybe the diamondbacks? i forget..

Also, we can't forget about the Reds in 1989. They were 75-87, 17 games back, and in fifth place, and the next year....91-71..World Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyReds2003
    Also, we can't forget about the Reds in 1989. They were 75-87, 17 games back, and in fifth place, and the next year....91-71..World Champs.

1990 reds---- by far the greatest team assembled in terms of talent, personalities, chemistry, and charaters..

just look up that roster and it brings back great memories of how much fun it was to watch them play together.

the rotation, the nasty boys, wow. what a magical year

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

In the press conference, WK sounded so much like he was just dismissing Ward comepletely like he never thought twice about the deal, so I'm going to trust that he knew what he was doing and that keeping him in low A was, like others said, just to make him trade bait. I like the deal because it continues to strengthen our pitching and the offense wasnt affected this time around.

While I'm ecstatic we have a proactive GM, and I do think he has improved our ballclub immensely this year, I am now more upset with the Kearns/Lopez trade. I do think Bray and Majic are better than Lohse and Cormier, but by how much? Lohse and Majic are fairly similar. Obviously, Bray has much more upside than Cormier because of age and his arm, but did we really have to give up Lopez and Kearns for those two guys when we got something similar for a AAA and A prospects? I don't think there's any doubt Krivsky overpaid with Kearns/Lopez. It's over with now, but yesterday's trades made me realize once again how much he overpaid. I don't see how we couldn't have gotten Armas Jr. or Livan in that trade, somehow. We still need a 5th starter...bad.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    All the other NL Wildcard teams sat on their hands today... While the Reds kept calling... and calling.

LA Picks up Maddux...
    STL Picks up Sosa...
    Mets get Hernandez/Perez
    Reds get Cormier/Lohse

What do the Reds lose? 2 players that could NEVER see the light of day... What do we get? Added depth to our bulpen... Wayne K set us up for the long haul this season....

We no longer have a White, Hammond, Burns, Yan, ECT to worry about. We have a good pen and probably one of the BEST in the NL.
    I don't think I'd go as far as say one of the BEST bullpens in the NL. We have a lot of depth, but there still no "shutdown" guy there, simply a mix of some above average arms with little experience and some BABIP lucky veterans.

If by "long haul" this season you mean improved our chances to hang onto the wild card, I agree. If you mean significantly improved our chances of doing damage in the playoffs, I disagree.

Every trade thus far that Krivsky has made to me makes perfect sense. Of course I wanted him to be GM when they hired OBrian.

Dave Williams. Gone.
    Josh Hancock. Gone
    Bubba and the Bong. Gone and Gone.

Joe Randa netted us Cormier and Guardado. A steal.

Majewski much better than he has pitched thus far, I believe that he is hurt and Bray is going to be the closer someday IMHO.

Ross, Arroyo and Philips. Incredible.

When the Reds make the playoffs this year, all of these moves that people have not liked will be an afterthought.

Props to Castellini...

and Wayne Krivsky = Super Genius.

I like all the moves but the one for Lohse. It has to be a reclamation project, which get tiring. Starting to remind me of O'Brien with that move. Maybe they know Ward is nothing special..........but from the looks of things, Lohse isn't either. I would have taken my chances in developing Ward before adding another project who has had his chance to shine and not done it.

I agree about Arroyo, Phillips, and Ross being some very strong moves.

In regard to Dave Williams...........I bet when they were rolling out Joe Mays they wished they still had Dave Williams. He was better than Mays.

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers
    Every trade thus far that Krivsky has made to me makes perfect sense. Of course I wanted him to be GM when they hired OBrian.

Dave Williams. Gone.
    Josh Hancock. Gone
    Bubba and the Bong. Gone and Gone.

Joe Randa netted us Cormier and Guardado. A steal.

Majewski much better than he has pitched thus far, I believe that he is hurt and Bray is going to be the closer someday IMHO.

Ross, Arroyo and Philips. Incredible.

When the Reds make the playoffs this year, all of these moves that people have not liked will be an afterthought.

Props to Castellini...

and Wayne Krivsky = Super Genius.
    I like most of Krivsky's moves and I'm glad he's here, but he is not a super genius. If he was, he would've gotten alot more for Kearns and Lopez. He would've figured out a way to get Lohse for someone else than Zach Ward. Minnesota didn't want Lohse and just wanted to get rid of him. I don't see why we had to give up one of our best prospects to get him. Joe Mays was certainly not a genius move. He shouldn't have been give a chance, and then when he failed he shouldn't have pitched again. Big mistake. Why didn't Krivsky get a 5th starter? Since Claussen is pitching like Mays, Lohse will probably start, but he was supposed to go to the pen. With Kearns and Lopez, we should've easily been able to get a starter to help us out this year.

Krivsky is a very good, but I believe he has made some mistakes. Big ones.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I think the most glaring mistake is the failure to solidify the 5th starter spot. I still don't think Kearns and Lopez are as good as everyone wants to make them out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    I think the most glaring mistake is the failure to solidify the 5th starter spot. I still don't think Kearns and Lopez are as good as everyone wants to make them out to be.
    There not. I don't miss Kearns. I only miss Lopez because we're looking at Clayton and Castro at SS right now. But, with those two we should've been able to land another starter better than Claussen, Germano, Mays, Lohse, and Milton. I'm sure he tried yesterday, but overselling on Kearns/Lopez didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan

I think Atlanta did it as well. The first year of their run of division titles.
    But maybe they went from 5th to 1st.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?