Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Santa Krivsky

Re: Santa Krivsky

Reds bullpen era before trade 5.22,since trade 3.42.No argument here.It's nothing but short of amazing how Krivsky has improved this relief pitching in such a fast time.While other GM's whine about no relief pitching available,Wayne did not mess around and went and found some.You just cannot trade minor league filler and expect to get major league players in return unless you give up top talent in your system.
    Reds are in the drivers seat thus far in the wildcard,and I am thrilled to be watching this team fight tooth and nail to stay in the hunt.Krivsky is aggresive and that's what this team needs in a GM.Playing it safe gets you no where.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 08-01-2006 at 01:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think we are a better team for the rest of the year because of these deals and I don't think we gave up much.

I think Krivsky is a good judge of talent, and his trades will at least end up appearing to be fair ones. I think he has already shown himself to be too smart to be taken advantage of in a deal.

That said, I would have passed on these two guys (Cormier and Lohse) and saved the $6MM for the offseason and put it toward a $10-15MM per year deal for a starter like Schmidt or Zito.

I believe that he has also built the bullpen for next season as well with the exception of closer.

Next year, the Reds will already have Bray, Majewski, Cormier, Coffey, Belisle, Shackelford, Standridge, and the possibility of Balfour with Cormier the only one over 30. Looks a lot better than Burns, Mercker, White, Hammonds, and Weathers.

I think they may keep Guardardo if he continues to pitch well. But they still need a hammer for the backend of the bullpen if Coffey still proves he's not ready for the closer role.

Playoff Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I like most of Krivsky's moves and I'm glad he's here, but he is not a super genius. If he was, he would've gotten alot more for Kearns and Lopez. He would've figured out a way to get Lohse for someone else than Zach Ward. Minnesota didn't want Lohse and just wanted to get rid of him. I don't see why we had to give up one of our best prospects to get him. Joe Mays was certainly not a genius move. He shouldn't have been give a chance, and then when he failed he shouldn't have pitched again. Big mistake. Why didn't Krivsky get a 5th starter? Since Claussen is pitching like Mays, Lohse will probably start, but he was supposed to go to the pen. With Kearns and Lopez, we should've easily been able to get a starter to help us out this year.

Krivsky is a very good, but I believe he has made some mistakes. Big ones.
    Joe Mays was a stop gap move. It wasn't pretty, but no bodys 5th starter is since the league expanded and we have wild card divisional play. Pitching is a premium price and Mays was there to eat innings. Zach Ward has nt been proven above Low-A and certainly wasnt in the class of Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, or Votto.

Our needs when we traded Kearns and Lopez were not starters, we needed bull pen guys.

Kal, I was by no means writing off our chances for this year. I want to win as much as anyone here. But, with that being said, I'm also happy with a playoff berth, even if that means no World Series Berth. The Reds core, for the most part, is inexperienced in situations such as this, and a lot of times it takes a team time to "get over the hump" (sorry for the cliche, haha). I'm very excited about the rest of this season, but I'm also very excited to see progress, period. Wow, I look debating about how good this team can be, as opposed to last year, when we were debating how bad they were

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers
    Joe Mays was a stop gap move. It wasn't pretty, but no bodys 5th starter is since the league expanded and we have wild card divisional play. Pitching is a premium price and Mays was there to eat innings. Zach Ward has nt been proven above Low-A and certainly wasnt in the class of Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, or Votto.

Our needs when we traded Kearns and Lopez were not starters, we needed bull pen guys.
    Mays didn't stop gap anything. Germano could have pitched better than Mays in those games. Many 5th starters in the majors aren't very good, but NONE are as bad as Joe Mays. He was here way too long and this race is way to tight to be throwing away games, which is basically what we tried to do with Mays out there.

On Zach Ward, I'll trust the reports I've read about him from fellow Redzoners in the minor league threads. People that have seen him pitch are not happy campers right now that he is gone.

Our needs were bullpen guys and one more starting pitcher. At the time we had Mays and Claussen on the D.L. Poor options. Claussen is pitching awful right now, Mays is gone, and Lohse is supposed to be for our bullpen. I still think we needed another starter.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Wayne does kinda look like Billy Bob Thornton.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    Oh I can go much better. Krivsky Kringlesky.
    I'm surprised no one gave you props for this. I thought it was funny.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?