Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will the Reds Make The Playoffs?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the Reds will win the National League Central Division.

30 21.74%
  • Yes, the Reds will win the National League Wild Card.

64 46.38%
  • No

44 31.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will The Reds Make The Playoffs?

Will The Reds Make The Playoffs?

It's August 1st. Make your predictions.

Here are my fearless predictions:

NL Central Cincinnati Reds
    NL West San Diego Padres
    NL East NY Mets
    NL Wildcard St. Louis Cardinals

AL East NY Yankees
    AL Central Detroit Tigers
    AL West Oakland A's
    AL Wild Card Minnesota Twins
    Last edited by Jpup; 08-01-2006 at 05:07 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Will The Reds Make The Playoffs?

I see us barely winning the WC, and we might see a repeat of 1999 with a 1 game playoff.

Well, since you didn't give me a "maybe" option, I'm going for the moon - we'll win the division by one game leaving all of St. Louis wailing and gnashing their teeth. But Tony LaRussa will crack a small smile at Jerry Narron outfoxing him somehow. That will make news seen around the world.

Just going with my gut. I don't think the apparent upgrades to their bullpen changes the fact that this is a poor defensive team with a weakened offense.

I worry that Arroyo and or Harang will not be able to continue to shoulder the workload.

WHile this team still has serious warts, BP Playoff Odds give them a 61% chance of making the playoffs. That is a very high number. I'll go with a WC berth.

Even though the defense at SS, 3B and CF is still highly questionable and a number of offensive guys are having career seasons I still think the playoff hopes will be riding on the arms of the starting pitchers.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I want to say that they will make it to the playoffs, I want to hope/believe that they will and could pull off a miracle once in the playoffs but, I think that August will exploit the teams weaknesses that many have expressed and have been concerned with on this message board objectively and subjectively. This years team is a decent start at rebuilding, finally.

NL Central Cincinnati Reds
    NL West San Diego Padres
    NL East NY Mets
    NL Wildcard St. Louis Cardinals

AL East Boston Red Sox
    AL Central Detroit Tigers
    AL West Oakland A's
    AL Wild Card Chicago White Sox
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

The Wildcard is for woosy teams.: I want the division.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    The Wildcard is for woosy teams.
    Like the 5 WC teams to have made the last 4 World Series??? Or maybe the 3 that won it in that same time period???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I like the positive outlook guys.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I said Yes with the wildcard.

I do not rule out an NL Central bid yet.

Frankly, I don't care. Get in the playoffs and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I said Yes with the wildcard.

I do not rule out an NL Central bid yet.
    With St. Louis playing so poorly and their starting pitching being so bad, I don't think you can't count on the Cards to do anything. The only thing that St. Louis has over the Reds right now is Albert Pujols and Scott Rolen. The Reds have Dunn. The Reds really need Jr. to start playing well, to level the playing field.

I think the Reds can get by the Cards in the central.

Yes,...the REDS will win the Wild Card, but can't win the division as long as the weakest link, Junior, bats in the 3 hole.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

With the NL in the shape it is it would take Harang and Arroyo getting hurt to stop a wild card win.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    With the NL in the shape it is it would take Harang and Arroyo getting hurt to stop a wild card win.
    George Grande is that you! :notworthy

Turn Off Ads?