Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What's your opinion regarding the current tone of the board?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be renamed SnivelZone. Please kill me now.

78 47.27%
  • No Problem. Balance is fine between KoolAid junkies and Evildoers

81 49.09%
  • Too much optimism, dammit.

6 3.64%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survey of RedsZone

Survey of RedsZone

Here's a poll to allow everyone comment on their overall satisfaction with the level of discourse here at RedsZone.

Question:

What's your opinion of the current tone of the board?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?
    A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Re: Survey of RedZone

I believe the tone is a bit heated. However, I think this stems of everyone's PASSION for their REDS. The Reds have not been in a playoff race in a while, and I think everyone (me included) wants everything to go perfectly to make sure the REDS reach the playoffs!!!

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000
    I believe the tone is a bit heated. However, I think this stems of everyone's PASSION for their REDS. The Reds have not been in a playoff race in a while, and I think everyone (me included) wants everything to go perfectly to make sure the REDS reach the playoffs!!!
    The man's nailed it.

Its been awhile since I have posted but I'm on here everyday single day...several times a day and I don't have any issues with the tone of the board. You learn real quick who the legit posters are and likewise you learn who the blowhards are. I read those posters who are legit and ignore the others.
    Probably one of the greatest features of this messageboard is the ability to preview a message before pulling it up.

It's goint to be heated. Think about when you go to a game in August this year compared to last. If we lose tonight, won't you be more dissapointed than you were last year when we lost a game in August? You'll be more upset about bad lineups too or poor coaching decisions. Winning doesn't solve everything for fans, it makes things more important.

The Buckeye Bomber

I went with the first option. I bounce back and forth between the first and the second options on this one. For a team that hasn't had a winning record in the better part of a decade, everyone seems rather negative. Also, I'm getting really sick of the Clayton-bashing and the "PLAY EE!" stuff. It's quickly become repetitive for me, and the EE related posts are rather silly in my book. Early in the year, EE and Lopez were an error-mess. Aurillia is the veteran, and the kind of guy that I want on the field in August in a season that counts. EE will likely start for us next year, or at worst, be traded for a valuable player.

As for Clayton, his numbers at the time of the trade were very similar to those of Felipe Lopez, with slightly better fielding. If Clayton is the weak point of our team...we're in pretty good shape.

I love the forum though, don't get me wrong. It's just more critical than I was expecting when we're having a good year. But I guess that's the nature of a fanbase.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

There are trolls and people with poop in their pants everywhere. It's never really bothered me here- I prefer to converse with those who's attitudes I admire. The others can pound sand with an oar for all I care, but they'll never get a rise out of me.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I voted in the middle. I see the points of the negative posters and the optimism of the happy posters. I think you need both sides to have a good message board. I don't skip posts because of the poster (maybe I haven't been around long enough).

If everyone agreed with everything that was said, wouldn't it be very boring here?

I think it smells very nice but I prefer Speed Stick since it is a little cheaper.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I think it smells very nice but I prefer Speed Stick since it is a little cheaper.
    a big for noticing the missing "s"...!
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I think there aren't nearly enough options in this poll.

I was told there would be free beer if I joined. Man... I'm thirsty.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRedinCT
    I was told there would be free beer if I joined. Man... I'm thirsty.
    Years ago, creek promised us unclothed women if we left the EZboard version of Redszone for this site.. She still hasn't delievered
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Years ago, creek promised us unclothed women if we left the EZboard version of Redszone for this site.. She still hasn't delievered
    You haven't been to chat...sometimes me and TeamCasey go topless. Or for the ladies, GAC takes his pants off...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Balance rocks, koolaid lovers would get annoying
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?