Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Claussen pitch a rehab game on Monday?

Did Claussen pitch a rehab game on Monday?

Did Claussen pitch a rehab game on Monday? If so, does anyone know how it went?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Claussen

He got shelled
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

He got shelled. 6 runs in 5 2/3 innings, 7 hits and 3 walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Did Claussen pitch a rehab game on Monday? If so, does anyone know how it went?
    Claussen gave up six runs on seven hits, plus three walks, in 5 2/3 innings tonight for Louisville
    Per Marc's blog. I'm thinking Claussen may be done for the year, frankly.

wow, I had such high hopes for Brandon. I was impressed with a couple of his outings earlier in the year and then he just fell apart. What happenned to him? Is he really hurt or just ineffective? maybe both?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Per Marc's blog. I'm thinking Claussen may be done for the year, frankly.
    The worst thing they can do is stick him in the rotation like that. If that's all the better he's pitching, I'd rather see Dumatrait or Lohse.

I'm thinking Claussen may be done for the year, frankly.
    he has options. He'll be in Louisville for a long while

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Paging Homer Bailey....paging Homer Bailey

I'm not sure if I mean this or not....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Paging Homer Bailey....paging Homer Bailey

I'm not sure if I mean this or not....

I'm in the same boat, I'm slowly coming around.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    he has options. He'll be in Louisville for a long while
    No options left.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I'm thinking that they'll reexamine him and see if there is anything more physically wrong. I just read the Courier Journal's story on the game last night and they didn't mention anything that might indicate a physical problem, but it would probably be worth looking into.

Whatever we do, I hope like the dickens they don't rush Bailey this year. I'd take Dumatrait or Lohse before I'd move Bailey up.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    No options left.
    is that right? well, he can take Larue's spot and we'll go with a 14 man staff. You can never have too much pitching

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    is that right? well, he can take Larue's spot and we'll go with a 14 man staff. You can never have too much pitching
    You can have too many batting tees on your staff. If a guy can't get big league hitters out then there's no sense in keeping him.

Pitchers can have a 28 day rehab. I'd max that out if I have to and then put him back on the DL if need be.

got alil captain in u?

I'm thinking that they'll reexamine him and see if there is anything more physically wrong. I just read the Courier Journal's story on the game last night and they didn't mention anything that might indicate a physical problem, but it would probably be worth looking into.

Whatever we do, I hope like the dickens they don't rush Bailey this year. I'd take Dumatrait or Lohse before I'd move Bailey up.
    im guessing it's not physical it's all up stairs for mr.claussen he jsut doesn't get it

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    He got shelled. 6 runs in 5 2/3 innings, 7 hits and 3 walks.

A WHIP of almost 2.0?!!!!!!

Wow...he's not even close to being ready for the Majors.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?