Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Paige comments on the Reds on "1st and 10".

Woody Paige comments on the Reds on "1st and 10".

According to Skip Bayless the Reds addressed the necessary weaknesses to catch the Cards, Woody Paige then retorted that it's impossible because of and I quote "Three words, Tony La Russa".

Good one Woody, I wish I was that smart.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Woody Paige comments on the Reds on "1st and 10".

Woody Paige needs to go back to sleep

What an idiot. There's a big difference between a winning manager and a losing manager, but a good manager does not equal a division championship.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Skip Bayless was the one doubting the Reds at the beginning of the year and said we had no chance.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Skip Bayless was the one doubting the Reds at the beginning of the year and said we had no chance.

Yeah, Bayless is one of the biggest ship jumpers at ESPN, I just thought Paiges' comments were worth a laugh.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Yeah, Bayless is one of the biggest ship jumpers at ESPN, I just thought Paiges' comments were worth a laugh.
    Woody Paige and Skip Bayless suck profusely. I would say Skip's a little dumber than Woody, if that's possible.

They just have to disagree with one another so they can argue. Thats the point of the show.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Well, not to defend Skip by any means, but the team we did have at the beginning of the year didn't have a chance, hahaha. Well I mean, it IS the National League, so it stood a chance, but not a very good one. All hail Wayne!!

They just have to disagree with one another so they can argue. Thats the point of the show.

Oh there's no doubt about that. But my god, come up with something better than Tony Larussa.

found in the closet of Woody Paige's closet

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Oh there's no doubt about that. But my god, come up with something better than Tony Larussa.
    Yea, I would rather listen to the opinion of the host of that show over Skip and Woody's.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Yay!

Woody Page, Tracy Jones, Skip Bayless, Andy Furman, etc. etc. etc.

Change all lawyer jokes to "sports talking-head" jokes. Eg. "What do you call 50,000 dead sports talking-heads at the bottom of the ocean?" "A good start."

"Did you hear what Evil Knevil's next daring trick is going to be??? He's going to attempt to jump over 50,000 sports talking heads with a steamroller."
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Yea, I would rather listen to the opinion of the host of that show over Skip and Woody's.

It's just like this morning's show on 1530 Homer, when Jeff Piercoro called Sam Adams fat, followed by an expletive, stating that he was going to be on the sidelines at Georgetown, munching on a hot dog, instead of practicing. As much as the hosts like to talk smack(Jim Rome, JT The Brick, etc), they don't care for confrontations. I'd like to see Jeff say that to Sam Adams' face. It might have been in good fun, but how funny is it to Sam Adams.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyReds2003
    It's just like this morning's show on 1530 Homer, when Jeff Piercoro called Sam Adams fat, followed by an expletive, stating that he was going to be on the sidelines at Georgetown, munching on a hot dog, instead of practicing. As much as the hosts like to talk smack(Jim Rome, JT The Brick, etc), they don't care for confrontations. I'd like to see Jeff say that to Sam Adams' face.
    Jeff "played the game." If playing at UK counts...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Jeff "played the game." If playing at UK counts...
    And Marty is a Hall of Famer....

Turn Off Ads?