Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Game thread 8/1: Brooklyn at Cincinnati

The Buckeye Bomber

Re: Game thread 8/1: Brooklyn at Cincinnati

Well, that was an impressive first pitch as a Red Kyle.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    VWRED

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    If we lose this game it's one thing. But to give people games is another...I would rather see them rock our bullpen for legitimate runs than the way this went down. I've never been for instant replay in baseball but after that play at first the ump missed, it makes me think twice. You don't want to see a blown call change the game by allowing 5 runs after it. Even though the play probably shouldn't have come to that.
    Interesting point

VWRED

Are You Kidding Me, Where Did We Find These Guys??

Wow... I just got home from a ultimate frisbee game. When I left it was 1-0 Reds. So much for that "above average bullpen" Krivsky has constructed. Who'd a thunk that Maj would be the fourth RP in the game... and the first NOT to give up a run. Ouch.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

If we lose this game it's one thing. But to give people games is another...I would rather see them rock our bullpen for legitimate runs than the way this went down. I've never been for instant replay in baseball but after that play at first the ump missed, it makes me think twice. You don't want to see a blown call change the game by allowing 5 runs after it. Even though the play probably shouldn't have come to that.
    I agree fisch, there is too much at stake and with technology the way it is today it wouldn't cost a whole lot to add an umpire in the booth to take a quick look at certain plays. I.E. 1st base and home plate calls, trapped balls, and foul ball/fair ball calls. I don't think it would delay the game very much.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    Wow... I just got home from a ultimate frisbee game. When I left it was 1-0 Reds. So much for that "above average bullpen" Krivsky has constructed. Who'd a thunk that Maj would be the fourth RP in the game... and the first NOT to give up a run. Ouch.
    The Bullpen should have three flawless innings. In the seventh, it required FIVE outs to get Three.

Freel made an error, and Clayton made an errant throw that resulted in a missed call that would have ended the inning.

There's nothing wrong with the pen.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    Look back...this one isn't on the bullpen. Between terrible defense and a blown call we gave the Dodgers 5 outs in the 7th inning.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

The Buckeye Bomber

Well, Lohse with a Louse inning.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

BP saves a run. Smart play to try and nab Loney rounding 3rd.

The Buckeye Bomber

So, the two newest Reds are not having a good night.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Look back...this one isn't on the bullpen. Between terrible defense and a blown call we gave the Dodgers 5 outs in the 7th inning.
    I agree fisch, I still have confidence in this bullpen and if you look at the dropped ball the bullpen did the trick by Coffey getting the ground ball he needed. You just hate to drop a game like this when you beat yourselves.

Plus tomorrow doesn't look good because Penny is like a Ben Sheets type pitcher. So you hope you can bounce back on Thursday and steal at least one game before a very hot Atlanta team comes in.

Loushe with 4 hits this inning.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370
    I agree fisch, I still have confidence in this bullpen and if you look at the dropped ball the bullpen did the trick by Coffey getting the ground ball he needed. You just hate to drop a game like this when you beat yourselves.

Plus tomorrow doesn't look good because Penny is like a Ben Sheets type pitcher. So you hope you can bounce back on Thursday and steal at least one game before a very hot Atlanta team comes in.
    Good thing is that Penny has been getting lit up since his overthowing show in the All-Star game....LA gave him an extra day rest to help. I think we can still take this series but it's just frustrating to beat yourselves when you need to play quality baseball for 2 months.

Wow do you think Zach Ward would have given up less than 5 hits in an inning?

Cubs are crusing over Arizona. Phillie has a 2 run lead in the 6th over the Cardinals.

Turn Off Ads?