Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soo...Could Tonight Have Gone Any WORSE??

Re: Soo...Could Tonight Have Gone Any WORSE??

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    If BA can't get it together you can forget EE/RA's measly "1-2" games. The deficit will be much larger. Lizzard may be able to carry some of the slack but I don't see Milton and the 5th starter to be named later stepping up.
    Huge game for the Lizard tonight vs Penny. I hate to say "must win", but we've got to win either tonight or tommorrow (preferably both, but I'm trying to be realistic). We can't let LA gain 3 games on us in the WC.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Huge game for the Lizard tonight vs Penny. I hate to say "must win", but we've got to win either tonight or tommorrow (preferably both, but I'm trying to be realistic). We can't let LA gain 3 games on us in the WC.
    I think we need them both.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Aurilia's line is in my sig, and Hatteberg is OPSing 900. Please, with all due respect, everybody please shut the hell up about Aurilia and Hatteberg.
    Rich stinks against RHP and Hat struggles with LHP. Why do people continue to ignore this? A platoon at 1B would be the best fit for the Reds at this point.

People dont continue to ignore it, just 1 person. Unfortunately its the only person making the decisions, Jerry Narron.

Amen Big L - I feel better just reading that post of frustration.

The media types around here act like the Reds' are already in the playoffs and that "effort" somehow = competence. Marty defended both trades the other day non-stop and without question. It was absolutely silly and annoying to listen to him.

Krivsky looks like a moron right now and Narron more so than ever.

I really wish the local media drones would quit giving these guys free passes on everything and pandering to them - while calling any fan who disagrees with anything they do an idiot.

I swear the fans know more than the radio personalities and writers do in this town, the vast majority of them. It would be nice to hear an objective opinion on things with sound statistical basis once in a while than the "I know it all" rantings and ravings of people like Marty - who's opinion is worthless at this point in his career - everything he says is driven by personal relationships, his age, and personal bias, making it worthless to most of us who have a clue.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    People dont continue to ignore it, just 1 person. Unfortunately its the only person making the decisions, Jerry Narron.
    Oh! You mean the 1 person who has managed this team to a winning record at this point of the season since.... uh, umm, errr. Somebody help me. Guess it has been awhile.

Despite the fact that most experts (and many here) had dire predictions for the REDS this year. Yet they are battling for a playoff spot in August. Guess some think they'd be 30 games over .500 with a diff. manager. Perhaps they'd be 20 under .500 with a diff. manager? Perhaps one of these experts with their magical crystal ball can answer that better than me...

Jerry has to quit giving up key hits. Jerry has got to quit making errors. Jerry needs to hit better w/ men on base. Jerry should get guys like Abreau, Maddux or Soriano with his own money. Darn that Jerry.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Aurilia's line is in my sig, and Hatteberg is OPSing 900. Please, with all due respect, everybody please shut the hell up about Aurilia and Hatteberg.
    With all due respect, please stop telling people to shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Oh! You mean the 1 person who has managed this team to a winning record at this point of the season since.... uh, umm, errr. Somebody help me. Guess it has been awhile.
    Yeah, that same guy. The same guy who continues to run out horrible line ups that are never the same, give no one outside of Griffey an idea of where they will hit every day, the same guy who doesnt understand how to use a bullpen. Yeah, just because we have a winning record does not mean the guy is doing a good job. Just becuase someone else has a losing record doesnt mean they are doing a bad job either. You can only do so much with your given team, and Jerry Narron is doing a very bad job with the team he has been given.

Despite the fact that most experts (and many here) had dire predictions for the REDS this year. Yet they are battling for a playoff spot in August. Guess some think they'd be 30 games over .500 with a diff. manager. Perhaps they'd be 20 under .500 with a diff. manager? Perhaps one of these experts with their magical crystal ball can answer that better than me...
    Since the time those projections were made the Reds have also gotten Bronson Arroyo, Brandon Phillips, David Ross and Elizardo Ramirez has also joined the team to be a very reliable starter. I dont think the Reds would be 30 games over with anyone, nor would they be 20 under with anyone. I think a decent manager would have this team in first place in the Central right now though, by at least a game.
    Jerry has to quit giving up key hits. Jerry has got to quit making errors. Jerry needs to hit better w/ men on base. Jerry should get guys like Abreau, Maddux or Soriano with his own money. Darn that Jerry.
    Jerry should quit giving up hits. Every time he puts in a guy like Shackelford against a righty, he gives up hits....becuase some guys just dont perform against certain other types of guys.
    Jerry cant control errors, but errors are overrated to an extent. Jerry should put the correct players in position to make more plays on more balls, which he currently does not do.
    Jerry needs to put the right guys in there to hit with men on base. He should NEVER pinch hit for Edwin Encarnacion with the bases loaded. He shouldnt let Scott Hatteberg hit with a left handed pitcher on the mound and he shouldnt let Rich Aurilia hit with a right hander on the mound. Yet he does it all the time.

So I agree, DARN THAT JERRY!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    It could have gone worse yes, but for that to happen Arroyo would have had to grabbed his arm before walking to the dugout,while on the same pitch a fly ball is hit to rf/cf gap and Griffey and Dunn collide in rf/cf and both leaving on a cart that incidentally runs over Ryan Freels foot and breaks it.

But yeah, tonight was pretty freaking bad. Could have been worse. Pretty rough though.
    But seriously though, getting griffey out might help this team.

PS> Not wishing an injury or anything!!u
    Last edited by redsrule2500; 08-02-2006 at 08:33 PM.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I think we need them both.
    , Well that didn't work. Now we're counting on Milton to salvage the series. Let's hope Maddux is really finished.

I'm really down on this team now. We're getting cold at the worse time.
    Of course, I will listen, but I don't have a whole lot of optimism about tonight.

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    It would be nice to hear an objective opinion on things with sound statistical basis once in a while than the "I know it all" rantings and ravings of people like Marty - who's opinion is worthless at this point in his career - everything he says is driven by personal relationships, his age, and personal bias, making it worthless to most of us who have a clue.
    Marty has gotten to the point where he's become a parody of his former self. When he shares his "wisdom", I can't help but laugh now. He says that replacing Clayton with Lopez was crucial to winning the playoffs. About a month ago, he said resigning Castro should be the top priority of the Reds this offseason. When Steve was praising Berkman, Marty had to get all snotty and point out that Berkman had more RBIs than Dunn despite being on a worst team and all but say Dunn is overrated/sucks, etc.

You're right, his opinions are totally based on his personal bias.

This team needs to get it's head out of it's ass and realize that they are in a pennant race and there are several teams gunning for them for the wildcard spot.

Really, did the Reds think the Dodgers were going to come in and just go through the motions?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

My theory may be all wet, but sometimes I think it's a problem when so many new players are brought in at this time of the year.

Clayton and Phillips are having a tough time playing together. If they can't get it together soon, something needs to change. I'd also like to see Castro out there more often. Not that he's necessary a big upgrade (though he might be), but he seems to be more sure of himself. I suppose it would help if they put in some extra practice turning those DPs and perhaps talk to each other about what they expect of the other person. They are definitely not on the same page.

There are only two guys in the BP from the opening day roster... not that shoring up the bullpen wasn't the right thing to do, but most of that "help" came in July. It's tough for guys starting out on a new team and usually takes a couple times on the mound to stop trying too hard. They want so badly to do well for their new team that they end up doing just the opposite.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I just had to bring this thread back up.....BEACUSE.....Yes.....today, it did get worse......BY A WIDE MARGIN.

Tonight's gem will probably put a damper on walk-up tickets sales for Tuesday night. Even the $1.00 hotdogs wont save Tuesday night.

Turn Off Ads?