Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denorfia shows up twice in BA AAA "Best Tools" article

Denorfia shows up twice in BA AAA "Best Tools" article

In the BA AAA "Best Tools" article Denorfia showed up twice.

In the International League he won
    1) Best Strike Zone Judgement
    2) Best Defensive Outfielder

It's amazing the way after a few starts Narron has completely buried him.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Denorfia

its amazing that Narron is a manager and Krivsky still gets his ass kissed by so many.

both are overrated.

Denorfia should be a star in the making but we're messing it up right now

Yeah, cause the Reds are in such a worse state than they were last year at this time.

Denorfia does need to play, but at who's expense? Dunn? Jr? Freel? To be honest, Freel has earned the right to play everyday, plus he is the only leadoff hitter on the team.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz
    Yeah, cause the Reds are in such a worse state than they were last year at this time.

i didnt say we were bad..actually im glad we are making progress but i think both GM and manager are overrated. thats all.

just my opinon

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    Denorfia does need to play, but at who's expense? Dunn? Jr? Freel? To be honest, Freel has earned the right to play everyday, plus he is the only leadoff hitter on the team.

freel at 2b, phillips at SS

Gosh and I thought it was the GM that said when they bring him up it will be to play and then on the day of the trade said he believes it is Deno's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    In the BA AAA "Best Tools" article Denorfia showed up twice.

In the International League he won
    1) Best Strike Zone Judgement
    2) Best Defensive Outfielder

It's amazing the way after a few starts Narron has completely buried him.
    Jerry Narron hates playing anyone that is not fully vested in the MLB pension plan. I don't find it amazing or surprising. I find it sad.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Denorfia is a Castro type of player. Utility.

Just like Castro, he should be used off the bench. He really would be a weak part of the lineup on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    freel at 2b, phillips at SS
    I honestly don't know the answer to this, but when was the last time Phillips played short? I really don't think it's as simple as just one day to move over to short from second and begin playing. Plus, it if has been a while, it will take him a while to get used to making the longer throws. To do it mid season might be a disaster
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but when was the last time Phillips played short?
    most of last season in AAA

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy
    Jerry Narron hates playing anyone that is not fully vested in the MLB pension plan. I don't find it amazing or surprising. I find it sad.
    Which is when a good GM should step in and overrule the manager. I find it troubling that that hasn't happened. But I keep telling myself that Krivsky is still learning on the job and try to give him the benefit of the doubt. 'Tain't easy though.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but when was the last time Phillips played short? I really don't think it's as simple as just one day to move over to short from second and begin playing. Plus, it if has been a while, it will take him a while to get used to making the longer throws. To do it mid season might be a disaster
    Only had 1 major league start at SS.

I don't get why people continue to say move Brandon to SS during the middle of the season. It's not that easy people! It's not like moving from CF to LF. Anyone that has played ball at even a high school level can tell you that those 2 are not interchangable for most.

Is he capable of it? Of course. Is it a good idea in the middle of the season when he's playing very well at 2B? Absolutely not.

Start Castro at SS. Deno should see more playing time though and they should rotate Freel to other positions more often (especially 3B if they aren't going to play EdE).

Ex-Tree

Where are you going to play him? You're in the thick of a pennant race, and you're going to turn a position over to a rookie--in August?? I have no doubt that at some point Deno will be a solid contributor, I'm not sure that this is the best time.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1
    I don't get why people continue to say move Brandon to SS during the middle of the season. It's not that easy people! It's not like moving from CF to LF. Anyone that has played ball at even a high school level can tell you that those 2 are not interchangable for most.
    Because he's a natural SS? Because he played over 100 games there last season in AAA? I really don't think BP will have that much trouble with the transition.

Freel to 2B, BP to SS, and Deno in RF is probably the best offensive and defensive lineup the Reds could field but it would still leave EE on the bench. Unless Rich and Hat go back to their platoon at 1B...which I'm in favor of.

Turn Off Ads?