Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Loshe to start Sunday

Re: Loshe to start saturday

This doesn't make much sense unless they are just buying some time to work a waiver trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    This doesn't make much sense unless they are just buying some time to work a waiver trade.
    Or they don't want the national audience to see Lohse pitch on Saturday, meanwhile all those nifty notes about Bronson, plus the rock star angle and you have your Reds marketing on the human side... voila... Televison!!

this one doesn't make any sense. I can't come up with any good reason for this "baseball decision". So maybe there is nothing more to it than the Reds being stupid.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I suspect the front office is trying to solve the Brandon Claussen problem by exposing him to revokable waivers and then trying to work a deal with whomever claims him. Moving Lohse to Sunday gives this process another day to play out, at which point we may have better options available to us.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    I suspect the front office is trying to solve the Brandon Claussen problem by exposing him to revokable waivers and then trying to work a deal with whomever claims him. Moving Lohse to Sunday gives this process another day to play out, at which point we may have better options available to us.
    The Reds have little depth with Claussen and zero without him. That would be a very risky move.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Or they don't want the national audience to see Lohse pitch on Saturday, meanwhile all those nifty notes about Bronson, plus the rock star angle and you have your Reds marketing on the human side... voila... Televison!!
    Until Bronson coughs up a kitten because he didn't get enough rest right in the middle of trying to get past the innings wall.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Until Bronson coughs up a kitten because he didn't get enough rest right in the middle of trying to get past the innings wall.
    Yeah, he was wilting in the heat the other night and this one will plop in the middle of the day... he's been quoted as not being a heat guy (I feel for him and all you humidity pounded folks)

Yeah, he was wilting in the heat the other night and this one will plop in the middle of the day... he's been quoted as not being a heat guy (I feel for him and all you humidity pounded folks)
    I'm from the mid-Atlantic, summer without humidity seems like a communist plot to me.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm going to wait and see if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west on Saturday. I'm told it's a lock, a sure thing, but there's no reason the earth couldn't spin in the opposite direction.
    If it's cloudy, you won't see it

I'm from the mid-Atlantic, summer without humidity seems like a communist plot to me.
    I'm from the midwest, trust me you'd get over it.

Winter without hitting freezing more then once is a norm too..... and we get baseball at 9:30 in the morning on Thursdays all summer!!

Oh and as the guy from Georgia told me the other day, "Y'all know that your air smell wonderful out here? You really don't know how good it smells."

I'm from the midwest, trust me you'd get over it.

Winter without hitting freezing more then once is a norm too..... and we get baseball at 9:30 in the morning on Thursdays all summer!!

Oh and as the guy from Georgia told me the other day, "Y'all know that your air smell wonderful out here? You really don't know how good it smells."
    No, I really like humidity. I've been in places without it and it feels like plastic weather to me.

I also like the cold. Wouldn't want to live in a place where it doesn't get cold.

No, I really like humidity. I've been in places without it and it feels like plastic weather to me.

I also like the cold. Wouldn't want to live in a place where it doesn't get cold.
    that's whack

I bet you like pneumonia too.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Kyle Loshe's career ERA is 4.72

If he "regresses to the mean," which seems to be a popular term around here lately, he improves.

We can hope.

That's funny, humidity makes me feel like I'm wearing plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Kyle Loshe's career ERA is 4.72

If he "regresses to the mean," which seems to be a popular term around here lately, he improves.

We can hope.
    Except for him it wouldn't be a regression. It would be a wild improvement.

I'll say it again. Minnesota thought so much of him, they traded him for a pitcher in low A ball while in the middle of the wild card race.

That doesn't say a whole heckuvalot about the guy.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?