Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 price tickets and $1 Hot Dogs

Re: 1/2 price tickets and $1 Hot Dogs

Soooo....what if I already bought tickets to this game and paid full price??
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

yeah, my tickets were bought several weeks ago for Monday's game... sob. At least i still get dollar dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    yeah, my tickets were bought several weeks ago for Monday's game... sob. At least i still get dollar dogs
    If you tell them you paid full price for your tickets, they'll probably sell you the dogs for $4.50.

:
    Makes all the routine posts.

The half-price ticket offer does not include Wednesday's 7:10 p.m. game, when the first 40,000 fans will receive a Dave Concepcion bobblehead doll. Concepcion’s giveway is the third in the Power of Tradition shortstop series that also featured Barry Larkin and Felipe Lopez.

Just got my tickets for the Thursday game. It will be my only game of the summer since next weekend is the only weekend I'll be home all summer. I'm pretty excited though, got row D out in right center field.

If anyone else is going for the sun/moon deck tickets, give Tickets.com a call instead of doing it online. Then, confuse the stupid automated system and get a real person on the line. Both the internet and automated system tried to give me tickets way over on the line in Row I, then I got a real person on the line who found more tickets over in 142-3 that were several rows closer. I hate how the automated system will only give the section closest to home plate, even if another section over has a much lower row.

I think it is a good move and the Reds have probably listened to fan feedback concerning expense issues. Very nice job.

You should be at Columbus Clippers games on DIME A DOG NIGHT.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    I think it is a good move and the Reds have probably listened to fan feedback concerning expense issues. Very nice job.

You should be at Columbus Clippers games on DIME A DOG NIGHT.

The first one and Rooster's Wing night this year were legendary

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    Agreed.

The DDN ran a poll along with one of Hal's rants about attendance recently. The most-cited reasons respondents gave for failing to attend in greater numbers were, "lack of faith in the team," which Krivsky is obviously working on, and "cost of tickets/concessions," which Castellini is apparently addressing.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    You said...."Wow we are desperately trying to get people to go to games"

Is if that was a bad thing.

If you meant something different perhaps you should expound on your one sentance post.
    It is a bad thing. A team leading the Wild Card in August shouldn't have to beg fans to come to the game.

That being said hopefully it works and more people do show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I heard this on the radio last night and thought it was pure genius! Fans, you have no excuse now. We have to get down to the ballpark in mass for this critical series vs the Cardinals!

I must say, I was impressed before, but this ownership group is doing just about everything right since they took over. I can understand people not agreeing with the trades, but I cannot in the slightest understand anyone thinking this ownership has not stepped up completely and done everything they said they would.

If I hear another person say that Cast didn't pony up at the deadline for a big name and was too cheap, I think I am going to scream. We added 5M in salary and didn't blink, and it sounded like we were looking to add more.

this half price ticket and dollar dogs and the 4 for 48 program instituted this year, they prove to me this ownership just flat out gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    It is a bad thing. A team leading the Wild Card in August shouldn't have to beg fans to come to the game.

That being said hopefully it works and more people do show up.
    Oh. I applogize for jumping on your statement then. Sorry about that. I guess you get an "ichy trigger finger" around here.

I wouldn't call it begging really but it's definatley not encouraging that people still don't consider the Reds a viable entertianment option. But I like that ownership continues to do things to make comming to GABP more interesting to people than say, going to a movie. I really like BC.

It's one thing to do this in the middle of the season to spice things up. It's totally different to have to do it to get interest from the fans. You are right at this point in the season you'd think even the most serrious doubter would at least go to 1 game just to check things out.

Unfortuntaly, there is a core group of fans that can only put about 20,000-25,000 butts in the seats on a given night. Hand out some goodie or give away a hot dog may add to that. Throw in bad weather or another local entertainment and you get horrible attendence.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-03-2006 at 07:31 AM.

I am going to that entire 4 game Cardinal series. I already had the Tue and Wed tickets (Tue is the Reach discount day anyway. I almost bought the Mon and Thur tickets a couple days ago, but I had ti go to work. I'm glad I waited- I bought 4 tickets to each game- 16 in all, and got 9 for half price. And I get to see an important series late in the season with a division rival - who thought this would happen this year?

I think maybe alot of Cardinal fans may come,too. There are precious few rooms left downtown now in the hotels. I'm glad priceline allows rebids after 24 hours now, instead of 72.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

$1 hot dogs when Jim Edmonds is in town.

I like it.

Front office desperation in abundance now.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

How is this discount a bad thing?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?