Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1/2 price tickets and $1 Hot Dogs

Re: 1/2 price tickets and $1 Hot Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Lindner gave away over 1 million tickets FOR FREE during his last couple years, to momentous applause.

Castellini collects half price for a couple days, and he's "desperate."

Irrational Fanbase, what's your function?
    Knocking down ideas, chances and dreams
    Irrational Fanbase, what's your function?
    I got two favorite players
    That get most of the job done.
    Irrational Fanbase, what's their function?
    Just proving to me daily that,
    They'll get you pretty far.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm telling you, "used car night" is the way to go!
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Oh. I applogize for jumping on your statement then. Sorry about that. I guess you get an "ichy trigger finger" around here.
    It's all good. No worries.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

GOREDSGO32

Sad thing is, they still make all kinds of money on this. A $1 hot dog should be the normal price if anything. How much are they normally??

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Sad thing is, they still make all kinds of money on this. A $1 hot dog should be the normal price if anything. How much are they normally??
    I THINK $3.50.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Are there still tickets available for this game?
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc
    Are there still tickets available for this game?
    You can check here:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...e.jsp?c_id=cin
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

GOREDSGO32

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    I THINK $3.50.
    WOW ... thats crazy. But your talking to a guy who sneaks beer in each pantleg to bars

Is it safe to assume that a hot dog and cup of beer that sells for almost $10 costs the vendor about $1 maximum?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    It's a nice act of goodwill to a fanbase that is used to being kicked in the privates. (like the additional surcharge for the Cleveland series, for example. I don't know if they still do that, but they did that when Allen was in charge.)

Cast is looking at trying to heal this franchise for the long term. It's nice to have a fan friendly owner that wants to win instead of Scrooge.
    There is an additional surcharge for the Cleveland series this season, and there was also an extra $5 for certain sections in the White Sox series.

Whatever the reason/excuse, people haven't been coming to the games, and ownership seems to want to expand the core fanbase while the team is unexpectedly in the division hunt. It's sad that it has to come to this, but I feel it is a genuine effort by ownership to get a great atmosphere in the stadium for these big games so people will be more likely to pay full price for future games.

Daugherty's point of view (for what it's worth):

Friday, August 4, 2006

Cheap tickets - how embarrassing
    BY PAUL DAUGHERTY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

In Baltimore where I once worked, the local ice cream was named Carvel. Carvel was the Graeter's of Baltimore. Carvel's radio and TV commercials featured a gravelly-voiced old guy, Carvel himself apparently, though we never saw him, who'd end each commercial with a pitiable request:

"Please buy this product."

You pictured Old Man Carvel on the street corner with a double-dip butter brickle in one hand and a tin cup in the other. The ice cream would be running rivers down his wrist and up his forearm. He'd look forlorn.

"Please buy this product."

The pennant-racing Reds are offering half-price tickets to the biggest series of the season. Three of the four games against St. Louis next week will feature clearance sale prices for more than half the ballpark.

Holy Schott, the club is even cutting the price of a hot dog, to a buck.

It's all very nice.

Also, embarrassing.

Try to picture this in Boston, New York, Chicago or St. Louis, or any other place that calls itself a Baseball Town.

Imagine the Red Sox holding a garage sale for tickets to a Yankees series. Think of the Cubs, flea-marketing their product in advance of three games with the White Sox.

The Reds led the wild-card race entering Thursday. Ownership has done everything it has promised and everything fans claimed to have desired. Management is serious. Midas Krivsky has been on the phone more than your 15-year-old daughter. The Reds play exciting, if flawed, baseball. The Reds hack, from first inning to last. They're the closest thing baseball has to John Daly. What do they have to do? Beg?

Well, yeah.

Half-price for a Cardinals series. Whew. When do the Reds hire the Buddy's Carpets guy to do their TV spots? "Half-price View Level seats if you buy by Monday night!"

Maybe, after three efforts at Please Buy This Product Night, the club can offer Baby Rattle Night: Free shakers to the first 40,000 fans who don't go to the games because it's too hot, too expensive, too dangerous, too far, too rowdy or on TV 140 times. Get there for batting practice, receive a complimentary bib.

"I'm patient," CEO Bob Castellini said Thursday. But not to a fault. "Come September, if we're a proven contender and we're not packing them in, we have to go back to the drawing board and reconsider the marketing."

The Reds are hovering near the Mendoza Line of major-league attendance. They're 13th in the NL, ahead of only Arizona, Florida and Pittsburgh. Thank God for Pittsburgh. Those at 100 Main Street are mystified. And, judging from the bribe they're offering you for three games next week, desperate.

Castellini understands the passion that was sapped in the previous six years will not return overnight. He notes correctly that the Bengals in Marvin Lewis' first year did not pack Paul Brown Stadium until late in the season, after their credibility had been restored.

"It took me awhile to get the fever with the Bengals, too. I understand." But, Castellini said, "This is a Reds city."

Perhaps. Meantime, maybe the club could be doing even more for its fans. How 'bout these notions:

Buy a Reds ticket and Ken Griffey Jr. will ride Big Wheels with your children in your driveway. Buy a Reds ticket, Adam Dunn will teach you to bass-fish in your kiddie pool.

Jason LaRue will personally shoot squirrels off your bird feeder.

Bronson Arroyo will let you blast Britney Spears on his car stereo. OK, maybe he won't.

Steve Stewart will host your wienie roast.

Pony rides for everyone.

Don't make the owner of the team parade up and down Pete Rose Way wearing a sandwich board. "Please buy this product." That wouldn't be right.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...608040436/1071
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL DAUGHERTY
    Try to picture this in Boston, New York, Chicago or St. Louis, or any other place that calls itself a Baseball Town.

Imagine the Red Sox holding a garage sale for tickets to a Yankees series. Think of the Cubs, flea-marketing their product in advance of three games with the White Sox.
    Have the fans in Boston, New York, Chicago or St. Louis, or any other place that calls itself a Baseball Town gone ten years without seeing their team in the postseason? Didn't the fans in Chicago see a World Championship last year? Didn't the fans in Boston see a World Championship the year before that? Didn't the fans in New York see several World Championships since we last sniffed the playoffs? Didn't the fans in St Louis see a pennant-winning team a couple of years ago?

It's been said here dozens of times, but it's going to take more than a .500 team to make going to Reds game the "in" thing to do for the people of the tri-state.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?