Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To everyone who booed Clayton:

To everyone who booed Clayton:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: To everyone who booed Clayton:

For whoever wants to come and defend him and says you should never boo an athlete, please save your breath (or fingers). He gets paid money to play a game and Krivsky blew him up and this clown can't even make routine plays, much less extoirdinary ones. He can't hit either, DFA him. I'd rather see Anderson Machado up here.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
    honestly I would not have booed Clayton. I never boo a player. Now I would boo the GM that traded for him and the manager that sticks him out there day fter day. At this point in his career he is what he is and what the data says he is, an offensive black hole and a below average defender. The kind of play he has exhibited since the trade is exactly what any person who wanted to be honest should have expected

I knew this what the Reds were going to get from Clayton and said so at the time of the trade. I truly wished it had been a 7 player deal.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-01-2006 at 11:18 PM.

I rarely boo players. I think the last player I booed was Jason Romano and that was more due to me being angry that he was even on the big league roster in the first place. Although its rare when I boo, I am ok with the booing of Royce. The one thing he was supposed to bring was solid D and he really hasn't done so thus far.

Not a Clayton fan but booing him does no good. Save it for talk radio and message boards. Bringing that crap to the park just makes for an atmosphere the players don't want to be in. They hear that stuff and it affects them.

Anyone who thinks booing and pennants in towns like Cincy go hand in hand needs to have their head checked. I think it is a tribute to the players on this team that they have been able to bring a winning attitude to the ballpark because the fans sure don't.

I don't believe there is any rule that says you should get booed if you make a certain amount of cash. A guy should work hard when he gets paid a lot. But being treated like a piece of meat and enjoying it is not part of the package.

And I really dislike Royce Clayton. Always have.

I booed him lustily from my home and would have booed just as enthusiastically had I been at GABP tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    I booed him lustily from my home and would have booed just as enthusiastically had I been at GABP tonight!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

To everyone who booed Clayton:

Louder next time!!!
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

If your gonna boo clayton you should have booed freel.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman44
    If your gonna boo clayton you should have booed freel.
    Freel has been a good player for us all year. He earned some slack. Royce Clayton has sucked since the day he was traded here.

If you don't want Royce on the team, boo him every atbat.
    Last edited by reds44; 08-01-2006 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

No Freel's error was the exception, not the rule.

His contributions both offensively and defensively outweigh the errors that he will commit over the course of a season.

Now CLAYTON, on the other hand...

What good is booing a home team player other than just some venting by the fan? It' hardly going to affect management.

More than likely, the booing is not going to cause the player to perform any better; perhaps it will make him play worse. Then perhaps the whole team will be worse off. And perhaps the fan dooing the booing is to some degree responsible. So if that's your goal, then keep on booing, by all means.

Or maybe the booing will force the manager and/or GM to realize the idiocy of their ways and how a happy fanbase is better than a booing one.

Cincinnati fans don't boo indiscriminately.

I was there, I booed. Not neccessarily Clayton, but the idea that Clayton's here screwing things up left and right.

And as for booing Freel, fool ran forever to get half a glove on the ball down the line. Should he have caught it? Yes. Does it fall in for a double against most RFers? Probably. He hustled and botched a great attempt. Clayton blows a routine DP that would have atoned for Freel's mishap.
    Is it "next season" yet?

I boo the GM that traded for him and expects him to be our starting SS. RC is who he is, what do you expect from him? It isn't his fault he is bad is it? He is an old sCrappy vet.

We all talked about how our biggest problem before the deadline was our SS, it showed tonight.

Turn Off Ads?