Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad, sad story: Pregnant woman dies at Fenway

Sad, sad story: Pregnant woman dies at Fenway

Wow. My heart goes out to this guy.

please watch:

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/rs...dies.wnyt.wnyt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sad, sad story: Pregnant woman dies at Fenway

My coworkers and i were just talking today how hot it was in the northeast and how could they play baseball during the day in the heat and how could it not affect justthe players , but the fans.. wow and to watch that my heart went out to that guy.. i am saying a prayer for him as i am sure many many people are around the country , as well as Boston are....

Some putz actually took his baby to the ballpark last night. They showed it on FSN. This wasn't a young kid, it was a baby. In a diaper and nothing else (Very classy, but that's a different point).

I couldn't tell but his seats looked very close to field level which had to have game time temps in the very high 90F range, perhaps over 100F. The humidity was horrible.

I'm not one of these people who thinks we should live in a bubble or wear helmets everywhere, but taking a baby to a ballgame (which I don't understand whatever the temp) on a VERY hot, humidy, poor air quality day doesn't strike me as very wise.

I can't watch the vid above as the hotel internet connection is horrible, but it sounds very heart breaking.

There really needs to be a reduced price on water during heat warnings. It would never happen (for economic reasons alone), but in the interest of safety, it would be nice to see an organization step up and make it easier for fans to keep hydrated. $4.00 bottled water does not promote proper hydration.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    There really needs to be a reduced price on water during heat warnings. It would never happen (for economic reasons alone), but in the interest of safety, it would be nice to see an organization step up and make it easier for fans to keep hydrated. $4.00 bottled water does not promote proper hydration.
    $4.00 water doesnt promote anything except for greed.

Heartbreaking
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Heartbreaking
    I agree with that feeling Kronored. That is a very tragic story.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Last year, the ballpark has free water stations when the temperature is in the 90's. They're small cups, but you can get as many as you want.

I don't know if they're doing it this year.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

you can bring in unopened bottles too...coolers and all
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

I'm not sure if this is the forum for this discussion but for the mother to choose between her own life and the baby's. omg My prayers go out to the father and his son for the rest of their lives.

could this guy ever go back to a ball game again???

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds
    you can bring in unopened bottles too...coolers and all
    From the Reds website:

Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

How u doin

bad day to go baseball game

This is why they play night games. I wonder if the team had thought about moving the start time back to the the evening to let the temperature cool. Maybe MLB should look into recommeding that teams do that for day games where the temperature goes above a certain level. It's not like there are still ballparks without lights.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Just awful. Not sure what else can be said.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

The Buckeye Bomber

It's incredibly sad, but its also incredibly foolish going to a baseball game in 100 degree weather when you're seven months pregnant.

Sad story though.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Turn Off Ads?