Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Freel and baserunning

Can he be stopped?

Freel and baserunning

I haven't been able to watch the last few games, but looking at the box scores, it seems liek Ryan Freel has been less and less effective at stealing bases. tonight alone he's been picked off and caught stealing. What gives? He was very effective at the beginning of the season, but lately it seems as if he's picking up very poorly on pitcher's tendencies or else not reading the scouting reports and getting cocky. What happened to Freel? Because its really killing scoring chances.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Freel and baserunning

Freel makes things happen but a small percentage of time it is in the negative.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

up until tonight, i believe all of Freel's caught stealings were pickoffs as opposed to actually being thrown out by the catcher.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Can he be stopped?

he's been S 7 times I believe was the stat I saw on gameday, but that could have been the pitcher/catcher's stats, not Freel's. Still, he is picked off far too often in critical situations.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Picked off seven times on the season. His aggresiveness is a gift and a curse at times, but it usually leads to good things.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Freel had a bad game today.

- Gets kneed in the face when he was caught stealing second.
    - Fouls off a ball that hits the ground and bounces right back up and hits him in his cup.
    - On a 2-2 count the next pitch is a ball and he starts walking to first like he was just walked
    - Gets picked off first

Of all the things wrong with the Reds, Ryan Freel is about 538th on the list.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Amen, Johnny. Freel is one of the most exciting players that the Reds have. He is constantly making things happen. I'm not sure he was actually out tonight on that stolen base...he was tagged around the knees (sliding headfirst) and i think it looked like his hand was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Of all the things wrong with the Reds, Ryan Freel is about 538th on the list.
    True, but his baserunning gaffes are needless and are hurting the team. And there's been enough of them to say that it's a problem of his and not just random events.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?