Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds selling tickets to Cardinals series at half price

Reds selling tickets to Cardinals series at half price

How embarassing it must be for the organization to know that, currently the Reds are 3.5 games behind the Cards, this team is coming in for a 4 game series next M - R, and they are selling all tickets except for the premium seats at 50% off for all but the give-away game Wednesday. I know there was a write-up in the local paper about the poor attendance giving the position in the standings. This discount was announced tonight I believe.

Is it apathy in Cincy or does no one care?
    This place use to be fun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards series

Just trying to fill the stands. I think it's a great idea.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Yep, but the Cards have been good for years, the Reds have not.

If we continue to compete, fans will definetly show up in greater numbers on a regular basis.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Yep, but the Cards have been good for years, the Reds have not.

If we continue to compete, fans will definetly show up in greater numbers on a regular basis.
    I definitely think that's the biggest factor. I would think the casual fan would be more inclined to come to the park if there were some history of success, of which they've not had.

And I certainly am not criticizing the front office for trying to fill the stadium, much like an airline would try and fill seats on unpopular flights (which apparently Delta has none ). I would feel that management would believe they wouldn't have to do such discounting for a late series with the Cards.
    This place use to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr
    I would feel that management would believe they wouldn't have to do such discounting for a late series with the Cards.
    Ideally.

But if a small promo can fill the seats and generate some energy, then maybe next time they can charge full price and people will be happy to pay it.

Makes all the routine posts.

It is a good idea. I am sure Bob does not want to be embarrassed when only 25,000 show up for a game that has this kind of importance. I am sure he wants to show the Cards owners that his city is a pretty darn good baseball town too. And it does not hurt the players any when there are 35,000 people there cheering for the Reds. Might be that little extra boost they need. It is also a sign of good will too. Give the fans a little break on the expense of going to a game. It is not something you want to do all the time but if you get them in there, as Redsland said, maybe next time they will buy a full price ticket and a full priced hot dog.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

it is so hot in cincinnati it is a tough draw....i am passing free tickets tomorrow night because of the heat
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

It is hot everywhere but that does not stop other teams from drawing better than we are. Gas prices are high here. I understand that too but they are high all over the country and it does not stop other teams from drawing better. People just do not believe yet. Once they do, and if the Reds give them a reason to, they will come no matter if it is 110 in the shade or gas is $4 a gallon.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I'll be there with my son, Matt, on Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon. Anyone else going to be there?
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

1/2 price, with a big noisy crowd they'll sell more junk food and drinks bringing the money in by selling the extra concessions. If they can hook the crowd with some wins it'll pay off over all and we'll all be happy. Just think of the extra time we'll spend sitting here on Redszone, my old T-shirt is just about worn out and I'll have to buy a new one.

I was reading the Central Standings today, boy are the percentages low. We're only 3 games out and barely over 500..... We're still leading the wild card, that's amazing isn't it, but it gives us a chance to shoot for a play off spot. The series with the Cards could give us that boost and they aren't playing any better than we are so we'll see.

hey jr good to see you on here too!

The Dodger announcers were commenting on the low attendance too. They chalked it off as apathy for all the losing seasons. I kinda agree with them. The Reds for quite a few seasons quite frankly didn't try to win. IMO it all goes back to Linder trying to maximize his profit to sell the team. The casual fan saw this and said "if they don't care that they win, why should I?" It will take a lot of effort and wins by this ownership to get all the fans back.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It is a good idea. I am sure Bob does not want to be embarrassed when only 25,000 show up for a game that has this kind of importance.
    I'd say it's gotta be pretty embarassing to have to drop ticket prices and $1 hot dogs just to get people to show up, especially within the business.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I can remember Marvin Lewis pleading with fans to show up to games his first two years here. The Bengals are now on the upswing and the fans are responding.

If the Reds start winning on a regular basis the next few years, the stands will fill again.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

I think it's a great idea to run a promotion like this.

The former Reds owners turned a lot of Reds fans off. People mention the strike, but I think the 2003 fire sale turned off a lot of people too. The Reds had been telling the fans for years to be patient and they'd be rewarded in 2003. Then they traded off 1/2 the ML team team with that idiot John Allen lying to everyone, saying "We're not throwing in the towel". Think of all those fans that bought tickets in 2003 in advance and then got to see Norton, Hummel, and the rest of that bad squad. That's going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

Thanks to Allen and Lindner, Cast bought an older house that has been neglected for quite some time. It's going to take more than a little bit of paint to make it appealing again.

Having 1/2 price tickets for an important series is a great idea. Hopefully the Reds will put on a good show and the Reds will win some fans back.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Reds selling tickets to Cardinals series at half price

7 cardinal games coming up in the next few weeks, wow how this could turn on these games. How can I get these tickets? Really, does anyone know someone that has a handful of good tickets I could buy?

Turn Off Ads?