Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Just got offered this in a keepers league.

Just got offered this in a keepers league.

I get: Liriano
    I give: Oswalt, Berkman and Reyes

I know...NO WAY! But wait, hear me out.
    The only keeper eligible player I give is Oswalt. I'm in last place by a mile and I think I need to look for better keeper options in 2007.

Liriano might give me the same amount of wins as Oswalt, he is younger and strikes out a ton hitters. This other team is in 4th and needs to make a move to be in the money (3rd place).

What do you guys think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just got offered this in a keepers league.

That other team is taking you for a fool. If it was a straight up trade that's one thing but to give up Reyes and those SB's and Berkman's power that is just too much. Give Liriano a few more seasons to prove himself.
    Oswalt already has over a long period of time.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

It sounds like you're ready to throw in the towel for this season and start building for next year, which makes sense. But since you stated that he NEEDS to do something I certainly would say no to this deal and look for a better one, either from him or somebody else.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

See, I would do this deal.

If this year is lost, Liriano places you in a position to win next season.

Oswalt is awful. The other guys- I mean, who cares if you are already out of it?

This reminds me of a baseball card trade I did as a kid. He had a 1976 Johnny Bench Topps card- you know the one, with him standing majestically in a cloud of dust- and I offfered him one card after another for it.

Just a stack of cards for Johnny Lee Bench.

We made the trade in the Summer of 1976 and now neither one of us can name a single player in the deal other than Bench.

There are tons of Berkman's and Reyes', but I can't think of any other Liriano's right now.

Dude just threw a two hitter. He doesn't walk anyone. He strikes out everybody. Those are the things fantasy studs are made of.

Do it and don't look back.

Berkman and Reyes and Oswalt are going to allow you to gracefully stay in last place.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 07-22-2006 at 02:23 AM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake

The only keeper eligible player I give is Oswalt. I'm in last place by a mile and I think I need to look for better keeper options in 2007.

Liriano might give me the same amount of wins as Oswalt, he is younger and strikes out a ton hitters. This other team is in 4th and needs to make a move to be in the money (3rd place).

What do you guys think?
    If you're cooked for this season, I make the deal.

Liriano is a better long-term keeper option than Oswalt is, IMO. If you can't hold on to Berkman or Reyes past this year, than take the opportunity to upgrade a piece coming back next year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake

What do you guys think?
    If this guy is near the top, Reyes and Berkman should be enough. Maybe throw someone else in, someone less than Oswalt. Then pimp Roy out for a pitching needy team for another legit keeper.

Redlegman

No way dude! Liriano might be damage goods. He might not be the same again. Oswalt is a keeper.

Two words, DO IT!

Turn Off Ads?