Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you feel about JN and WK at this point of the season?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horrible, both horrible.

6 6.19%
  • The Reds are leading the wild card on August 3, they are the best.

16 16.49%
  • I like what WK is doing, but Jerry has his head so far up his.....

49 50.52%
  • Jerry is doing the best he can with the roster, but WK keeps on trading valuable tools.

0 0%
  • I'm luke warm about the whole situation. I'll let you know come October.

26 26.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Real Opinion On the Reds Management

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Redszone Real Opinion On the Reds Management

I hear so much complaining on this board about the Jerry Narron lineups and about WK's horrible trades, I want to know if its just the yelling minority I am hearing or if that's everyone's opinion.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Redszone Real Opinion On the Reds Management

I vote for "fire Narron, Wayne gets a lukewarm feeling. He has made good and bad trades"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I vote for "fire Narron, Wayne gets a lukewarm feeling. He has made good and bad trades"
    2nd
    Go Gators!

3rd
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

4th

So far, Wayne seems to be doing a pretty good job.
    Unfortunately, Jerry seems to be taking the spare parts Wayne has aquired and is using them as primary gears.

I think Wayne is the reason we're still contending right now. I believe his last few moves have been questionable at best (too desperate), but overall I really like the direction we're headed.

As for Narron......

I can't stand him. Coincidentally, since his contract extension, I have seemed to disagree with just about every move he has made. How weird.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

5th
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

IMO, Wayne has only made two questionable trades..

Wash was bad.
    Louse is probably going to end up bad (but not crippling).

I voted for "I like Wayne, but not Narron", because I can forgive Wayne for the two questionable trades since overall he's been very good.

Even the best GMs (Beane, Scherholtz, etc) pull a stinker occasionally. We have to remember that or we'll never like any GM
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

6th
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I'm not going to bash a single member in the organization. Before this season started and before the new ownership took over, this team was a division cellar team. If it wasn't for Castelinni, Wayne, and Narron we wouldn't be watching exciting and meaningFul baseball in August. Instead of the annual fire sale, we could actually shop the market as buyers and make a push for the postseason....something we haven't seen in awhile let alone a winning season in the past 5 years. So great job FO! And to all the bashers, get off their back! This is year one of a franchise revival. Just take a look at what Marvin Lewis did in his first year with the Bengals, back to .500. Baby steps towards a larger goal in my opinion, it just happens to be that we are contending in year 1 of Camp Wayne....so let's sit back and watch our contender over the last 2 months. GO REDS!
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11
    I'm not going to bash a single member in the organization. Before this season started and before the new ownership took over, this team was a division cellar team. If it wasn't for Castelinni, Wayne, and Narron we wouldn't be watching exciting and meaningFul baseball in August. Instead of the annual fire sale, we could actually shop the market as buyers and make a push for the postseason....something we haven't seen in awhile let alone a winning season in the past 5 years. So great job FO! And to all the bashers, get off their back! This is year one of a franchise revival. Just take a look at what Marvin Lewis did in his first year with the Bengals, back to .500. Baby steps towards a larger goal in my opinion, it just happens to be that we are contending in year 1 of Camp Wayne....so let's sit back and watch our contender over the last 2 months. GO REDS!
    For everyone that doesn't care for Narron: with a manager you would approve of, what do you feel the Reds record would be?

How many losses would you contribute to Narron's more managerial ways?

How many wins do you think he has gotten for us?

I long for the days of DanO and Miley.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    Don't we all

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    "There are several mitigating factors that come into play, vis a vis the Reds' performance the last two seasons versus a wide variety of metrics applied to the current season, that prevent me from feeling the same.

Circumstances, as always, are subject to change, as we must ultimately examine outcomes through an encompassing lens, lest we omit important, yet easily overlooked details that are too frequently glossed over in the often impetuous zeal for decisive action that all too often victimizes many general managers."

Turn Off Ads?