Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will Clayton Start Tomorrow?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 75.00%
  • No

21 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Clayton start tomorrow?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Will Clayton start tomorrow?

Simple poll. His sucktitude notwithistanding, will Narron continue to handicap this team and keep him in there?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Clayton start tomorrow?

Will he? Yes
    Should he? No he shouldn't even be on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

No, I see Castro getting the start.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo
    No, I see Castro getting the start.
    Me too TS

If he doesn't, we can't boo him again until his bottom of the 9th 2 out bases loaded pinch hitting strikeout tomorrow...
    Is it "next season" yet?

The Reds would be better off DFAing him, and playing with 24. He's that bad. If I posted my real thoughts on him I would get banned. I strongly dislike him.

No, I think today was all of his weaknesses rapped into one game and super-exposed. No range, poor play, and awful hitting. Ironic it ended on a double-play eh?

Actually Clayton may get a day off but he isn't going anywhere and will continue to get the majority of starts at SS. He didn't get awful last night, he has been bad since the day he got here. If the last two plus weeks didn't convince the Reds they needed an upgrade at SS then I doubt tonight did anything to change that conviction.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-01-2006 at 11:51 PM.

They call me "chef"

They probably don't want to show up Clayton this soon, so I see another start in his future. If he messes up tomorrow he is definitely in the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Simple poll. His sucktitude notwithistanding, will Narron continue to handicap this team and keep him in there?
    Yes, He's a proven vet. (what he has proven is up for debate)

JN could give him the night off or hit him lead off. Jerry is very good at match ups ya know.

Of course, he's the SS.

Should he? well...no
    Go Gators!

Please, no.

I think I'm still in shock that we have Royce Clayton as our starting SS. It's pretty bad when most of us would love to see Juan Castro there everyday over Clayton (not counting those who think Phillips should be there which is probably the majority). What happened? We went from an all-star last year to this. SS is too important of a position to run Clayton out there everyday.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

He shouldn't ever start again, except maybe church league softball. I just hope WK can see that Clayton is worthless, and is hurting the team 10 times more than Lopez ever thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I think I'm still in shock that we have Royce Clayton as our starting SS. It's pretty bad when most of us would love to see Juan Castro there everyday over Clayton (not counting those who think Phillips should be there which is probably the majority).
    It's sad. I felt the same way last night, and I have felt the same way since we traded for the bum. I sat there last night shaking my head and thinking there is no freaking way the Reds are a playoff team with Royce Clayton playing shortstop. If it happens, then I'll print off this posting on paper and eat it.

If the Reds are serious about winning he won't. I've backed every move WK has made but this guy is awful!! Castro at least gives you a solid glove and the only possible loss is a little speed but that's only useful if you can get on base which Clayton can't .280 OBP with Reds.

Turn Off Ads?