Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Censorship at its FINEST!!!

BaseballGal

Censorship at its FINEST!!!

Hi All,

I was extremely disappointed today when I came into the forum and saw BernieCarbo had been BANNED. I am a die hard Reds fan, an even bigger fan of Juniors, and didn't agree with most of Bernie's opinions.

So a couple days ago I emailed Bernie to ask just why he disliked Junior so much. Well folks, that email lead to several phone conversations, and I found out that Bernie loves the Reds and Junior as much as I do! He only spoke from the heart, and wished Junior would get well, and be the great player that we all know he was and could be again. He even sent me a spectacular signed picture of Junior, and bragged on him constantly that he was the greatest player that ever lived.

Even after several conversations with Bernie, I am still a loyal Junior fan, but I researched a lot of his views, and you know what people, he had facts to back them up. But because he feels that Junior is not perfect in all ways, that he may not be the perfect choice for the Reds, and he voiced his concerns on this, he gets BANNED while the ones that made fun of him because he didn't take the time to make his post with perfect grammar and punctuation and found anything else they could to ridicule him are still here. Does this seem like a fair and honest forum? The answer to that question to me is NO!!!!

So I'm saying goodbye to this forum, and will go to one where all can voice their views without fear of being banned.

Enjoy your dictatorship CougarQuest!!!!

BaseballGal

2. Turn Off Ads?
    It says you just registered ..........

What was your other post Baseball Gal?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

we wont miss you.....oh no a veteran on 2 days is leaving

there was nothing wrong with what bernie had to say once or twice...but it showed up in every post

i somehow believe baseballgal is bernie carbo
    woo woo woo, you know it

So, since you registered Aug 21, you have done the following things:

1. Emailed and had several phone conversations (Helpful hint: Never a good idea to do this when you meet people on the internet)

2. Thoroughly researched Bernie's viewpoint.

3. Asked for and received a signed photo (must have been overnight delivery!)

4. Gladly talked to someone who was openly degrading your favorite player.

5. Made contact with and gave your home address to someone off a message board you had only been a member of for 2 days.

Might I say, OOOOOKKKKKAAAAAYYYYY.

BaseballGal
    Hmmmmm, didn't take you big boys long to jump me, I was expecting that. Why would I expect an intelligent post when it seems that most on here can only attack when something is said they disagree with. And yes i just registered a few days ago to make a post, but I have been reading this forum for several months.

Bernie was banned for making too many post, so now will I be banned for not making enough? Bernie was banned from even reading the forum. Now you tell me, do you really think this is a honest and fair forum?

But let me pass this on to you, Bernie says he holds no hard feelings, that he will miss reading the forum and everyone's opinions, but wishes the Reds and Junior well, and will be rooting for them as he always has, as will I.

BERNIE=BASEBALLGAL

by the way,how do you know BC was banned?
    Last edited by ramp101; 08-24-2002 at 11:28 PM.
    woo woo woo, you know it

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Hey Baseballgal, meet me for a drink tonight at the "No Name Salon" on Elm Street. Bring along ID as they require it there.:evilgrin: , but don't bring Bernie, he might not fit in.

I thought she left?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

BaseballGal
    1. I emailed Bernie from my hotmail addy and he gave me his number. I used a calling card with my number blocked. I didn't just give him my number, .

2. It didnt take much time to look up stats of before Junior and after, or read articles of others saying Junior is a disruptive force on the team.

3. I didn't ask, he offered.

4. If I only talked to people who agreed with my every word and thought, I would not talk to anyone.

5. We both live in the same city and he sent it to my PO box. Bernie's wife answered phone and she too is Junior fan and says they argue and fight all the time over Bernie thinking the Reds wouild be better off without him. And yes I only registered a few days ago but been reading the post for months and always enjoyed it, but didn't feel i knew enough to post opinions on baseball, but I do on censorship and this is exactly what this is!!

Just seeing how you guys attack me for standing up for someone's right to have a different view, that has a passion and love for his team enough to stand up against popular opinions, doesn't mean he should be banned from stating his opinions and even worse blocking him from being able to read the post. You could have silence him without taking his priviledge of being able to read your views.

why are you still here?

griff is liked in the clubhouse so what could he have possibly told you?

you are bernie's wife arent you
    woo woo woo, you know it

I thought she left?

BaseballGal
    The only reason I am still here is trying to defend myself for defending someone's right for free speech. I love baseball, I love the Reds, I think Junior is the most awesome player I have ever seen, but I am not a baseball expert, and I have never claimed to be. That is why I haven't felt the need to post here before.

But I strongly believe that every person should be able to voice their opinion without fear of being banned. And that includes each one of you. If you don't like what I say, thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

But Bernie's post did provoke me to know more of why he thinks the way he does, and he never downed me for not being an expert. He listened to my opinions, and I listened to his. He told me stories about players I had never heard of like Art Shamsky, Lee May, Champ Summers , Jim Maloney. So yes you can say this guy may not be well educated or skilled as far as writing goes, but he is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to baseball and especially Reds Baseball.

how long was your conversation with him? 3 weeks

come on

bernie's posts werent bad...just repetitive

answer my question: how did you know he was banned?

[this should be a good one ]
    woo woo woo, you know it

BaseballGal
    Noooooooo, I am not Bernie's wife. Bernie has grandkids older than I am. And how would you know Junior is liked in the clubhouse?

All you guys suggest all these trades Bernie just suggested we let go of two players and in his opinion he thinks the Reds would flourish. He may be wrong and I would die if they traded Junior but he has his right to his opinion.

Turn Off Ads?