Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Censorship at its FINEST!!!

zeke
    I am familiar w/ the cincy.com reference and I realize you are trying to avoid that scenario here. I was not aware of the total # of bannings and appreciate you sharing that w/ me. That seems reasonable. I'm not too sure it was reasonable to ban Joe based on a few poorly chosen comments on an issue that he was obviously quite upset about. I don't really recall reading his stuff so I don't know if he was a valuable poster or not but I did see that he had made quite a few posts previously. Maybe he's just pals w/ Bernie. Perhaps the best solution under the circumstances would have been to delete the thread. What really disgusted me was the apparent relish with which others joined in the attack of the reprobates under discussion. And it did seem that you had a hair trigger w/ Joe.

Respectfully,

Zeke

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joe did ask for it though
    woo woo woo, you know it

And it did seem that you had a hair trigger w/ Joe.
    Well, IIRC, without elaborating further, this isn't the first run-in we've have had with Joe. Also, you probably didn't see this because I removed it, but when he posts "F*G F*G F*G F*G" repeatedly (and similar style comments) I'd have to say that the guy was practically begging to be banned. I'm sure he's not too upset about being banned and I'm equally apathetic that it happened.

Boss

zeke
    One more quick question if you will bear with me. What does IIRC mean? Is there a reference to these things on the board somewhere? I checked the FAQ's before asking so as to not appear too ignorant, but what the heck, why hide the truth?

Zeke

if i recall correctly

zeke,

You should have seen the first time I made a post. It went over like a lead ballon with some. I almost had to go check my baseball stuff to make sure I ever attended a game . I think if you ever asked Krusty, Jax, or princeton, they'd tell you that they've had similar instances.

Those who are the loudest or the most often, doesn't mean they speak for the majority. They speak for themselves. If you really look at some of the most active posters on this board, they are on the opposite side of the fence of each other. Some people have become "buddies" because of a good debate in which they were on opposite sides of the fence. Sometimes people want to see how you back up what you say when someone challenges you before they "jump to your rescue" or "jump in on your side". Sometimes timing is the key. This year more than ever, it seems that when the Reds win, 'ra-ra' thoughts are encouraged by posters, and when the Reds lose, 'doomsayers' thoughts are encouraged by posters.

But there is a huge difference in what you are talking about and what Bernie and Joe did. There are moderators on this board that may think Larkin and Jr are washed up. There is a big difference between that and what Bernie and Joe did.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

You should have seen the first time I made a post. It went over like a lead ballon with some. I almost had to go check my baseball stuff to make sure I ever attended a game . I think if you ever asked Krusty, Jax, or princeton, they'd tell you that they've had similar instances.
    Are you kidding, CQ? EVERYONE agreed with you when you first started posting. Especially me and Redstorm.

zeke
    Thanks LGJ for the enlightenment and to CQ for the words of encouragement.

Zeke

zeke

I see part of the problem, and I think Boss addressed it. Some post were so bad they had to be deleted. If you were here at the time and had to read it, I think you would understand it was not a hair trigger. {10 lines of the same word repeated calling him a British term for cigarette}

Hey Boss and CQ, stop apologizing. You have no need to explain yourselves to anyone. You do all this without reward and you can do with it what you please. I know I, for one, would be gone if it ever turned into anything that even closely resembled cincy.com. If you guys didn't monitor this site and ban folks when needed, you would lose the regulars and their no longer be a need for this board.

Don't be intimidated by the all powerful "C" word.

zeke
    Personally I appreciate the fact that they took the time to explain their actions to me. It helps to know there was more to Joe's last message than I saw. Knowing this I probably would have made the same call.

Zeke

Dictators don't appologize and we aren't afraid of the word censorship.

Honestly though, I don't think we were appologizing, I do think we were explaining. If posters have questions or concerns about the actions, without the proper knowledge of why things are done, then they go away with the wrong idea. Especially when you have to delete all or part of a post. This way they at least know the truth. I don't have a problem explaining my actions.

And I made that long post because I don't know if most people really know how much effort and time goes into this board to make the right decision and to do what is fair. And that didn't go into the other everyday stuff that Boss and GIK have to do with this site.

Just my .02 cents, and it is my opinion only. Someone comes on the board anc mercilessly bashes Griffey. Every post is a griff slam. It's repetitive. It's annoying. It adds nothing to the discussion or the board.

Another poster slams Bob Boone for his "managerial skills". He does it every post. It's repetitive. It's annoying. It adds nothing to the discussion or the board.

Another poster slams Sean Casey for his "lack of power". He does it every post. It's repetitive. It's annoying. It adds nothing to the discussion or the board.

Another poster slams Juan Castro for his "High BA" . He does it every post. It's repetitive. It's annoying. It adds nothing to the discussion or the board.

The Mods and administrators have a tough job here, and they ain't gettin' paid for it. In fact I'd be willing to bet it has cost a few of them some money. But it seems to me there are some sacred cows, and Junior i one of them. If pointing out Junior's health problems in every post is enough to get you banned (and I don't believe that was the whole case with Bernie Carbo) then pointing out Castro's weak stick every time he is in the lineup should as well. This is just my opinion. It is neither right nor wrong. But it is mine. And this is coming from someone that was attacked big time at cinci.com. My handle was even impersonated and used to attack other posters. I don't think 15 bannings in two years is excessive. But I do think that sometimes posters feel thay have to tread lightly around these sacred cows.

Again, just my opinion.
    Suck it up cupcake.

As for the comments on Casey and Castro, yes, they are frequent, but they usually come from people who add insight on a variety of other topics. IMO, it looked like Bernie Carbo's ONLY reason for posting on this board was to bash Junior -- I can't remember reading anything from him that wasn't.

If his sole purpose in posting on this board was to make repetitious comments about Griffey and try to start arguments, then he was trolling, and trolling is grounds for being banned, according to the Moderators' rules.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Originally posted by ramp101
    R.I.P
    Joe
    Milfman
    Bernie Carbo
    Basbeall Gal
    who is next?
    i vote for ramp101. his posts are annoying, repetitive, buoyant, and omnipresent. sort of like geraldo...

Turn Off Ads?