Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade not the reason for slump

Trade not the reason for slump

While I don't really support the trade, I don't think that the loss of Kearns and Lopez is the reason that the entire lineup has turned into one big out machine. They have done nothing in Washington yet to suggest that they would be carrying the offense here.

Narron is the one responsible. The lineups that he runs out are usually poorly consructed, and he continues to play the wrong players, leaving more deserving players on the bench. starting Clayton and Aurillia while Edwin and Deno when there are reasonable ways to get at least one of them in is hurting the offense.

While the line-up is obviously worse, the offense is not as bad as the last several games suggest.

It also doesn't help that Dunn and Griff are both slumping now. If they can starting hitting like they usually do, Clayton gets less PT, and if Narron starts putting the best possible starting line-up out there (the biggest if), they could still have an above average offense.

This wouldn't look bad at all (courtesy of RedsManRick i think):
    Freel
    Hatteberg
    Dunn
    EE
    Junior
    Aurilia
    Phillips
    Ross

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade not the reason for slump

It looks like a good lineup, but not realistic. Phillips would have to move to SS or Aurilia would have to play SS. Neither will happen this season.

How u doin

the reason for the slump is jerry narron he cant manage a game

Edwin is in there tonight and thanks to him it is 2-0. Braves.

But Narron will be blamed by the masses.

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed

who started at 3b the other five gms we lost exactly aurillia it is narron why we cant win he obviously dosent know how to get a good team chemistry going.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08
    the reason for the slump is jerry narron he cant manage a game
    Jerry Narron only swings a bat during fielding practice. He doesn't go up to the plate for anyone. Everyone of our players is a professional and the line-up isn't the reason they're not hitting.

How about thanks to Aurilia.

Yeah, the throw was a bit off, but very catchable at 1B.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Is true, his defense is why hes on the bench. Its too risky and his bat is not good enough to compensate. Hopefully this winter he can improve his glove.

BOO !! Bad defensive third baseman.
    HOORAY !! Winter ball

His throw wasn't that far off. It was catchable.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    His throw wasn't that far off. It was catchable.
    It may have been "catchable," but it was an absolute horrible throw. He basically lobbed it to first and looked timid doing it.

I liked that two-run double by Edwin. I liked it a lot. Gave the Reds their first lead in a game in nearly a week.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Funny how people were quick to claim the trade was responsible for the Reds' post-All Star winning streak. Now that the team has hit a slump, suddenly the trade isn't a factor.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Timid comes from knowing that if you screw up the throw that you're likely to spend the next week on the bench. EE needs confidence and he's not gonna get it working with Bucky Dent.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Timid comes from knowing that if you screw up the throw that you're likely to spend the next week on the bench. EE needs confidence and he's not gonna get it working with Bucky Dent.
    I guess I understand this and I've been in favor of EE getting more playing time. But if he's going to be timid or afraid to make a play because he might not get to play, do you want that guy in the game in a big situation? What if he gets timid in a playoff game because he's afraid of letting down his team mates? I've always felt that good players have confidence in themselves even when other people don't. I think that confidence can come from mostly practice and yes getting more game time, but he's a big boy he should be able to find confidence in his abilities (which are great). I think EE is going to be a star in the MLB for a lot of years to come, but I don't think him making an error because he's afraid to lose playing time is a good argument for more playing time.
    A two run double to give us the lead, however, is.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Did Edwin give up the homer? No
    If Rich was starting at 3B does he even get to that ball? No
    Should Rich have picked that ball? Yes
    Did Edwin have the go ahead 2 run double in the 6th? Yes

Turn Off Ads?