Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Is a miracle worker

Eddie Is a miracle worker

I don't know how this guy does it. His fastball barely hits 88, he doesn't haver great stuff, but he just gets people out. And he is immune to pressure, he can get out of any jam at any given time. And the emotion he shows on the mound. I really like to see that out of a pitcher. Wayne did a marvelous job in picking him up.
    R.I.P Farney 12/22/2012

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eddie Is a miracle worker

His success comes from his heart, not his arm. You have to love the fire and intensity he brings to the team.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I like Eddie for the same reason I like Carlos Zambrano. No matter what team they're on, you have to love that fire for the game, when you can see they really care.

Great performance tonight getting out of the jam

When he is out there on the mound, he looks like a crazy homicidal maniac, that is staring dow his next victim. He does his job just like a mass murder, he does it with passion, and thats why i think he gets the job done.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    His success comes from his heart, not his arm. You have to love the fire and intensity he brings to the team.
    My thoughts exactly.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

this is why, when you add 95+ mph fastballs, we called them the Nasy Boys back in 1990

i see some randy myers in Eddie, if only he threw 10mph harder

It is hard to understand where his success comes from. His stuff is flat and slow. Deception appears to be the key with Eddie.

I am really enjoying his celebrations after each save. They are starting to get more and more dicey, though.

I just got home from the game. It was an electric finish. After the bases were loaded and nobody was out I had that sinking fealing in my stomach. Deno had a nice catch and it was good to see Castro make the first part of the DP.

But Everyday Eddie is amazing. As stated while not totally overpowering he has a way of getting the job done. Doesn't get rattled. Wow.

Absoltuly amazing.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    I just got home from the game. It was an electric finish. After the bases were loaded and nobody was out I had that sinking fealing in my stomach. Deno had a nice catch and it was good to see Castro make the first part of the DP.

But Everyday Eddie is amazing. As stated while not totally overpowering he has a way of getting the job done. Doesn't get rattled. Wow.

Absoltuly amazing.
    You can see the forearm is still botherng him. He just finds a way. Guys who have been in the bigs as long as he has just find a way to have success. Nice little scare tonight.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    You can see the forearm is still botherng him. He just finds a way. Guys who have been in the bigs as long as he has just find a way to have success. Nice little scare tonight.
    What I think could ultimately be of the most value from acquiring Eddie is his attitude out on the mound. I hope Bray and Coffey are taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    TC, while he was throwing his warm up pitches I commented to my father that it looked like his arm was hurting and he was mearly tossing the ball up there. Lots of his warm up throws were high.

Is this really a sign of the arm troubles or is that how he normally warms up (just makes some throws and then turns up the heat when the game starts) ?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    It is hard to understand where his success comes from. His stuff is flat and slow. Deception appears to be the key with Eddie.

I am really enjoying his celebrations after each save. They are starting to get more and more dicey, though.
    Did you see Weathers' prolonged pump fist last night? It was quite refreshing to see.
    Last edited by keeganbrick; 08-05-2006 at 10:34 AM.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

The league change has also helped Eddie G; hope it does the same for Kyle Lohse!

I do admire Eddie's fire and intensity; it's definitely been a plus

Everyday Eddie isn't no Danny Graves....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Eddie's emotion seems to be feeding off to our other relievers. No way would I ever imagine that Weathers would get that excited in a game.....

I also read in the ESPN recap of the game that Narron held a pregame meeting telling the team to show more emotion and have more fun out on the field, which many of us here on Redszone have been calling for....

Maybe Narron is doing a little bit better of a job than most of us (including me) think....
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Turn Off Ads?