Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Think Claimed Andruw Jones???

Who Do You Think Claimed Andruw Jones???

reports show that one un-named team has claimed Andruw Jones..I thought it was peculiar that the report said that the one team is now in talks with Atlanta yet they havent named the team yet.

And it shouldnt matter at this point if the team's name is revealed, Andruw and the rest of MLB know it was a team--period.

wonder who it was

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Re: Who Do You Think Claimed???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this happen quite often and the player's current team just takes them off waivers and keeps them?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

the report is that one team claimed and that atlanta is in talks with un identified team.

also you are from wheelersburg? haha I grew up in Chesapeake bro.

Chesapeake to Los Angeles..crazy huh

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this happen quite often and the player's current team just takes them off waivers and keeps them?
    That's basically true, but there IS a reason why these guys are put on waivers. They don't have to be. Atlanta is concerned about Jones getting his 10/5 rights and becoming, basically, untradable. I believe that is going to happen some time this month. I've heard Boston wants to deal for Jones, then move him to Houston for Roy Oswalt... or, something like that. Something could happen with him if the right team claimed him.

RotoHester

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    the report is that one team claimed and that atlanta is in talks with un identified team.

also you are from wheelersburg? haha I grew up in Chesapeake bro.

Chesapeake to Los Angeles..crazy huh
    Actually, originally from closer to Chesapeake than the Burg. I grew up near Rock Camp, Ohio in Lawrence Co. if you know where that is.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Actually, originally from closer to Chesapeake than the Burg. I grew up near Rock Camp, Ohio in Lawrence Co. if you know where that is.
    Of course I know where that is. good to meet ya bro. did u go to green township or rock hill or something?

my folks still live in chesapeake..havent been back to lawrence county in a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    That's basically true, but there IS a reason why these guys are put on waivers. They don't have to be. Atlanta is concerned about Jones getting his 10/5 rights and becoming, basically, untradable. I believe that is going to happen some time this month. I've heard Boston wants to deal for Jones, then move him to Houston for Roy Oswalt... or, something like that. Something could happen with him if the right team claimed him.
    George and Chris were talking about this during the game. I believe they said the date Jones becomes 10/5 eligible is August 15 or 18?

They also said the Braves weren't looking to move him, but an unidentified team is interested and Atlanta is talking to them.

And if all this is true, which I have no reason to believe it isn't with the discussion that took place during the game, what a shame that the Braves would cheat him out of his 10/5 rights just days before he becomes eligible.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

i vote boston claimed him. They are looking for a bat and Nixon has been hurt.

I think they have 36 hours to work out a deal, so if he's not in the lineup tomorrow we might know something is close.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I don't buy the Boston rumors. I'd look to the NL if yr looking for a claim on Jones. Still don't think they'll move him unless they're blown away. Could be negotiating play by ATL to come to terms on a 2-3 yr deal with limited no-trade clause. Win-win situation for both.

The no-trade clause is a moot point in about a week as he gets 10-5, so I doubt there is negotiation of that point.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I bet a lot of money that it's not the Reds.

Although, it would be convenient logistically if we did pick him up since they are in town and all.....

Oh, to dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    The no-trade clause is a moot point in about a week as he gets 10-5, so I doubt there is negotiation of that point.
    They can deal him today to Milwaukee or some other city he's not so keen on where he'll have to play next year. I'd imagine that is some incentive to get him to the table.

I doubt Milwaukee is in the picture. I believe they said he makes something like $13 million a year.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?