Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denorfia in the lineup tomorrow?

Denorfia in the lineup tomorrow?

I hope to see him in the lineup again tomorrow, giving him consecutive games played for a change. He needs some AB's and I think tomorrow is a good day to rest Freel. Under the circumstances (having only Clayton/Castro), I'd like to see this out of JN tomorrow:

Deno
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Encarnacion
    Hatteberg
    Phillips
    LaRue/Valentin/Ross (prefer LaRue)
    Castro/Clayton

Please, no Clayton in the 2 hole...

I think we are more likely to see this though:

Deno
    Clayton
    Griffey
    Dunn
    Aurilia
    Hatteberg
    Phillips
    Ross

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Denorfia in the lineup tomorrow?

I don't think Edwin will play tomorrow. I don't think he would have played even if he didn't make an error. JN was talking about playing him 3 days in a row, not 4.

Although he once again showed tonight how improtant his bat is to the lineup even with the occasional error. The error was on a ball most 3rd baseman wouldn't get to also.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I don't think Edwin will play tomorrow. I don't think he would have played even if he didn't make an error. JN was talking about playing him 3 days in a row, not 4.

Although he once again showed tonight how improtant his bat is to the lineup even with the occasional error. The error was on a ball most 3rd baseman wouldn't get to also.
    Very true, however - one can only hope.

Don't worry.. Clayton will be back in the 8 hole. Jerry seems to pay a lot of attention to how well Clayton hits lefties, and places him in the 2 hole but since there is a righty on the mound tomorrow I am almost positive Clayton will move back down if he plays

Unless JR gets a day off I think Deno sits.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44

But his error was a throwing error - after he fielded the ball. That's where a majority of his errors are. His reaction was excellent. He had time to set and throw.

But I still believe the kid should get a majority of the playing time at 3B.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    But his error was a throwing error - after he fielded the ball. That's where a majority of his errors are. His reaction was excellent. He had time to set and throw.

But I still believe the kid should get a majority of the playing time at 3B.

Bingo. Made an excellent stop that most 3b's would not have gotten to. Or at least, few would have. But then muffs it with the "easy" part of the play.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Bingo. Made an excellent stop that most 3b's would not have gotten to. Or at least, few would have. But then muffs it with the "easy" part of the play.
    And some suggested that a good 1Bman would have fielded the low throw on a hop. Maybe so. But the point is - there was time to make a more sure throw and not place the 1Bman in that position
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

And some suggested that a good 1Bman would have fielded the low throw on a hop. Maybe so. But the point is - there was time to make a more sure throw and not place the 1Bman in that position
    I haven't watched the play but 1 time, but I thought Aurilia should have caught the ball. Aurilia is no 1st baseman by any stretch of the imagination.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I saw it differently, I thought that for the first baseman there was time to move his feet and be in a better postion to catch that hop and step on the base. We have seen Concepcion and Larkin bounce the ball to first base successfully for years much like the play last night.

And I bet if you ask Encarnacion, he tells you straight up that it was a bad throw and nobody's fault but his. The only ones making excuses are the folks on this board. A major league third baseman has to make that throw.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    I saw it differently, I thought that for the first baseman there was time to move his feet and be in a better postion to catch that hop and step on the base. We have seen Concepcion and Larkin bounce the ball to first base successfully for years much like the play last night.

It's amazing the legnths people will go to cover for EE. I'm not pinning this on your Springield, just your post prompted my thought. If RA had made the same error I hazzard a guess that not one single person would be trying to pin it on Hatte.

EE had plenty of time to get his feet moving correctly, and make a major league 3B throw to 1st. He made 1/2 of a fantastic play. A great stop. Then he gave it away and cost the team a run. A far greater sin, he gave up an out which I thought was tantamount to betting on baseball acording to some here. Yet, no mention of that when EE does it.....very interesting.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    And I bet if you ask Encarnacion, he tells you straight up that it was a bad throw and nobody's fault but his. The only ones making excuses are the folks on this board. A major league third baseman has to make that throw.
    And the stand up attitude is exactly why he should be the everyday third baseman.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    And the stand up attitude is exactly why he should be the everyday third baseman.
    The stand up attitude is a great thing to have, as is a reliable and accurate arm.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Sorry, a little got lost in translation there. I was trying to be a little smart alec, pinning an attitude to EE that we are speculating for him.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?