Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mcgwire is a joke and jerk

Mcgwire is a joke and jerk

Dont be ignorant baseball writers of america, he would have retired early due to injury had it not been for the juice. and he would have ended with maybe 300 homeruns and a 256 average for his career. that ist even Veterans Committee elected HOF numbers yo

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2540550

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mcgwire is a joke and jerk

also it pisses me off whenever people bring up canseco even though he is the ONLY one to step up and admit baseball's lies..Mcgwire is the next most guiltiest player after Canseco and nobody ever talks about him anymore.

he gets a free pass..why? I bought canseco's book the day it came out and loved it and believed him from Day 1 (based on my personal experiences and relationships with some braves players I know)

Thank goodness the Reds beat the As in that World Series. I think we'd see some serious anger towards the Bash Brothers had they thumped the Reds.

But they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    Thank goodness the Reds beat the As in that World Series. I think we'd see some serious anger towards the Bash Brothers had they thumped the Reds.

But they didn't.
    did you have any doubt in your mind after we beat the Bucs??!!

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KalDanielsfan
    Dont be ignorant baseball writers of america, he would have retired early due to injury had it not been for the juice.
    Link?

Let's find out who's ignorant here.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Add all of his pre 1993 (he was out almost the entire year with a major knee/back injury) homeruns and see what you get

did you have any doubt in your mind after we beat the Bucs??!!
    Yeah, there were a few doubts but they were all erased when Eric Davis hit that homer. Man that was a great series and a great year.
    "The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."
    Bob Lemon

Why would he cooperate? He doesn't play anymore and he faces no legal consequences for nto cooperating. He has nothing to gain. Not that I'm trying to defend the guy, his legacy is quite certain at this point, but I sure as hell don't blame him for not cooperating with this investigation.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

McGwire has nothing to gain dealing with this commision. He compromised the integrity of the game. He needs to hide in shame and never to be seen in public again.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Add all of his pre 1993 (he was out almost the entire year with a major knee/back injury) homeruns and see what you get
    I added them up, but the sum wasn't "early retirement due to injury."

Wanna try a new tact?
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

A friend of mine was playing golf about a month ago and McGwire was in the group ahead of him, he took a few pics with his cell phone. He's still as big as a house, so if he was on roids or HGH I guess he's still using them.

I'm tired of the andro talk when it comes to McGwire, it was perfectly legal and you could purchase it in any GNC store.
    Last edited by Reds4Life; 08-05-2006 at 08:42 PM.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Nobody talks about McGuire anymore because he retired years ago and has avoided the public. (And when he came out into public - the Senate hearings - he was ripped & ridiculed by media and fans.)

People talk about Conseco because he wants and seeks out attention.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    I added them up, but the sum wasn't "early retirement due to injury."

Wanna try a new tact?
    It looks like he's just saying he wouldn't even be discussed for the HOF if it wasn't for the juice.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

If I was a voter for the Hall of Fame, when McGwire's name appears on the ballot I would say "I'm not here to talk about the past" and I wouldn't vote for him.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

If I was a voter for the HOF............whenever I came to McGwire, Sosa, or Bonds name......I'd scribble it out and write Rose.

Who comprimised the game more?
    Who's on first?

Turn Off Ads?