Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corky is back...

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Corky is back...

Corky Miller has been called up by the Red Sox for those who are interested.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Corky is back...

i didnt know he was with the Red Soxs AAA team? i liked him when he was here.. i remeber when he was hitting well, i saw him hit a homer at a game and he looked like a softball player rounding the bases. good luck to him, might be his last shot though

So, let me get this straight.
    Corky Miller is with the Redsox.
    Isn't Kelly Stinnet still with the Yankees?
    The AL East in indeed a powerhouse. :

How many catchers do the Red Sox need?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I'll never forget my experience with Corkey Miller at Redsfest in 2002 or 2003. All of the other Reds had hour long lines, but Corky had a really short line. My buddies and I walked up to Corky and since there was no one really behind us, we got to talk to him. Talking to him was just like talking to a random guy on the beach. He was such a nice guy and if you didn't know any better, you would have no idea that he was one of the few men who get to don a Reds' uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    How many catchers do the Red Sox need?
    mirabelli went down last night and sprained an ankle

which is why javy got into the game to pinch hit for him and went 0-4

Stinnett was released so they could make room for Sal Fasano. I would love to know the resoning behind that. Fasano is the worst catcher in the majors behind Chris Widger.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Stinnett was released so they could make room for Sal Fasano. I would love to know the resoning behind that. Fasano is the worst catcher in the majors behind Chris Widger.
    Which is ironic, since Widger's now an Oriole.

If the above is true - there HAS to be a market for Jason LaRue.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

It's the mustache, people are just drawn to it.

Don't tell me there's a worse catcher in the majors than Javy Lopez, because I don't believe you. Please, tell me Corky Miller can catch. And maybe throw. You know, little things like that.

One hell of a nice guy. Here's to a good little run for Corky in Boston.

cprky was in the midst of a hot streak I believe in the Dallas Williams mode about 1 for 36

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    Don't tell me there's a worse catcher in the majors than Javy Lopez, because I don't believe you. Please, tell me Corky Miller can catch. And maybe throw. You know, little things like that.

Corky is a pretty good catcher. I agree Javy is not that good. He's in the top 5 Worst.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    cprky was in the midst of a hot streak I believe in the Dallas Williams mode about 1 for 36
    Dude, use periods. I have no clue what you just said.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    Please, tell me Corky Miller can catch. And maybe throw. You know, little things like that.
    Actually, Corky is pretty darn good behind the plate. The guy can't hit to save his life though.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Turn Off Ads?