Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday: The Biggest Game in Cincinnati Baseball in 7 years

Monday: The Biggest Game in Cincinnati Baseball in 7 years

I truly believe Monday's game is the biggest game in Cincinnati Baseball since the WC playoff game against the NYM. This series should be a sellout and the way we have played St. Louis this year, You have to like your odds of taking 3 of 4, especially with Harang and Arroyo scheduled to go. EZ has pitched well lately and Milton didn't pitch bad at all two nights ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday: The Biggest Game in Cincinnati Baseball in 7 years

I think every opening day trumps Monday, IMHO.

I still think the Western Swing (boy, I miss that term) will dictate baseball in Cincinnati after October 2.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The guys can really put themselves in good shape by winning this series, no doubt. But, the wild card has taken some of the luster off these inner-division battles. By just splitting the series, the Reds could either maintain their wild card lead, or even increase it. It would be nice to see the Reds start to seperate themselves from the other consolation contenders, but so long as there are so many teams vying for it there is always going to be a "hot" entry. Right now it is the Dodgers and the Phillies. Tomorrow, it very well could be Houston and Milwaukee.

In short, the Cardinal series is only marginally more important than any other set of games the Reds are likely to play the remainder of the season. They are ALL going to be absolutely crucial.

EVERY game is important from here on out with the crowded list of contenders. But you're right in the fact that it's huge if Cincy wants to take the pennant.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

we need 3 out of 4. however the law of odds state that as bad as st louis has been playing they are due. it will be a great series no doubt but if we do come out ahead we will be sitting very pretty near the top of the nl central

Can he be stopped?

I'll be there... go Reds. Maybe I'll bring my delta scroll from yesterday (hahaha.. fat chance. some promos are just dumb)

I'm going tomorrow and plan to buy tickets for the rest of the series while there (don't know if I can even find a single for Wednesday, though). I'm more pumped for this week than any in recent memory.

I will be there tonight!! Just bought 6 tickets up in the left field bleachers for $20.07!!! Cant beat that price, plus dollar dogs!! I know the seats will suck but I will have my kid with me so Iam sure he wont mind since they dont pay to much attention to baseball at age 4. Hopefully the Liz is on tonight, he didnt pitch well the last time I seen him in person (Vs Clev).

I will be there tonight too and i hope its a sell out. If they dont win tonight i dont know if I will go to another game this season because of my current record.

This game will be a sellout for one reason.

1 dollar hotdogs.

Thats like better than a Gapper poster night, better than a Wily Mo trading card day, like better than anything man.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I'll be there, too. $30 seats for $15... you can't beat it! Plus, $1 hotdogs and BASEBALL! They get your money from the beer! EZ vs. Weaver. GO REDS!!

$1 dogs too? Doesnt get much better than Dogs and Reds Baseball (a beer at the game would make it better but I'm not 21)

If the Reds win 3 out of 4, then they can consider themselves in the division race, which would be great insurance, considering how many teams are on their tail for the wildcard.

If the Reds lose 3 out of 4, it doesn't give me a lot of hope we can catch the Cards.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Are these $1 dollar hotdogs like limited or can you just go and buy 10 at a time if you wanted?
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Are these $1 dollar hotdogs like limited or can you just go and buy 10 at a time if you wanted?
    I wouldn't think there's a limit....they'll keep selling them until they're gone. We'll find out tonight, though.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?