Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone See Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby Yet?

got alil captain in u?

Anyone See Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby Yet?

was just wondering if anyone had saw it and what reviews would u give it i was thinking about seeing it

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone See Talladega Nights The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby Yet?

I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. It's worth the money to go see it. So go see it.
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

A kid here at work did. He thought it was hysterical. Of course he's 22 and thinks Wayne's World is hysterical. So if you are in that demographic, you might like it too.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

It was good, and I'm glad we went, but it wasn't quite the side-splitter I was hoping it would be. I liked the subtle humor more than the over-the-top stuff. Adam Dunn pretty much carried it, but most of what he did has been done in his other movies already. If you like Dunn...er, I mean Ferrell...NASCAR, or dumb humor, you'll enjoy it. I like all three, but like I said, it misses the mark just a bit. I'd give it 7/10.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I'm not in the 22 year old age group, but I enjoyed it. And so did my wife(and she's not 22 either. darn. just joking. )

It was hilarious. I think the more I see it the more I'll like it too. Not sure if I like it more than Anchorman yet, but its right up there.

I'm really not sure it matters what demographic you are in...if you like things that are funny you will like the movie.

Maybe one of these days I'll wake up and "get" Will Ferrell. I seem to be in the minority who doesn't think he's the least bit funny.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Maybe one of these days I'll wake up and "get" Will Ferrell. I seem to be in the minority who doesn't think he's the least bit funny.

you're not the only one.
    Is it "next season" yet?

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Ferrell is hit or miss for me, but I enjoyed this movie.

20% cliches (blindfolded driver crashes car into house; athlete loses it, then regains it via training from old nemesis), etc.

80% genuinely funny stuff.

Sasha Cohen and John C. Reilly are really, really good. It's not just Ferrell.

I'd call this a "wait for video" but when it comes out on video be sure to see it.
    Stick to your guns.

I loved it, I will recommend to everyone I know to go see it. Now, the movie "The Descent" on the other hand may have been one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The local paper's movie critic says the problem with Will Ferrell is that he can't seem to decide whether he's channeling Jerry Lewis or Dean Martin in his performances. I thought it was a fair criticism, since he seems to keep a foot in both the "earnest straight man" and the "daffy comedic performer" sides of the fence.

I went and thought it was pretty funny.... then again I love Will Ferrell too

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I liked it a bunch. Its a similar plot to Anchorman in some sense so the story line wasnt hard to see unfold. Ferrell's performance was very good and I thought Gary Cole was terrific. It could have lost about 10-15 minutes however.

Naming one's children "Walker" and Texas Ranger" is just plain funnt to me. (Beats the alternative of "Dr Quinn" and "Medicine Woman").
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I liked it a bunch. Its a similar plot to Anchorman in some sense so the story line wasnt hard to see unfold. Ferrell's performance was very good and I thought Gary Cole was terrific. It could have lost about 10-15 minutes however.

Naming one's children "Walker" and Texas Ranger" is just plain funnt to me. (Beats the alternative of "Dr Quinn" and "Medicine Woman").
    I like the baby version of Jesus. When you say grace you can choose which version of Jesus you want.

Same here.

He was good in Old School. That was about it for me.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?