Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Missed the game....

Missed the game....

....which apparently from what I have heard & and read is a good thing. One question though how did Lohse do? I can look up the obvious, which I am about to do, but how did he look? Should we expect Claussen to be put through waivers?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Missed the game....

I was there but didn't have the best view of the zone, but from where I was he looked pretty good. With the exception of the pitch to Andruw in the first he didn't make many mistakes and his fastball hovered from 92-94. I was pretty impressed.

I thought he pitched well. Had good velocity most of the day. Pitched well enough to earn a W, (thanks Magic Man). If he can give that type of effort every time out it was a solid pickup.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

He impressed me, but given my expectations going in, take that for what it's worth. But seriously, he was pretty good. Only one mistake pitch, a slider that didn't slide to A. Jones. He seemed to have pretty good command of his stuff, but the strike zone was also generous with this ump. I'm going to give him a few more starts before I make a judgement, but so far he looks good.

I'll just say I am more encouraged after seeing Lohse pitch. He throws hard (was clocked consistantly around 95 mph), has lots of movement on his breaking pitches, and an effective sinker. There is definitely enough there to work with and he has the stuff to be a good pitcher. Time will tell, but I liked what i saw. I do think he has better stuff than Germano.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Time will tell, but I liked what i saw. I do think he has better stuff than Germano.
    Definately more than Mays/Claussen.

i liked Bray today. he looked really good and threw some nasty stuff today.

part of BBN

i missed the game except briefly seeing bray in 7th with 4-2 lead.
    question: if eddie g was not available why was he using bray in 7th??
    then again with other choices down there....i answered my own question.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac
    i missed the game except briefly seeing bray in 7th with 4-2 lead.
    question: if eddie g was not available why was he using bray in 7th??
    then again with other choices down there....i answered my own question.
    Because Bray was brought in to get out of a bases loaded jam caused by Lohse and Standridge in the 6th.

Lohse threw hard, kept the ball down, and hit the corners for strikes.

Good outing.

That pitch to Andruw Jones wasn't even that bad. He hit that off the end of the bat and muscled it out. Any other hitter on that team and it is a flyout, he just has a strong swing. A HR given up to AJ in the first row of LF is only slightly a mistake and it wasn't even like it was a rocket.

Turn Off Ads?