Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Guardado was available, Weathers and Cormier were not

Guardado was available, Weathers and Cormier were not

Narron said postgame that Cormier and Weathers were deemed unavailable today because of frequent use lately, and Guardado would only be used in a save situation.

"You just canít keep running them out there," said Narron. "Youíve got to try to do your best sometimes with the guys that are available to you."

So the eighth inning was going to be all Majewski's.

As for Majewski's comments on the matter...there weren't any. He bolted from the clubhouse as soon as the media walked in.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Still, why didn't he just bring in Coffey in the 8th?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Guardado was available, Weathers and Cormier were not

I agree. I don't like to get down on players, but my response to Majewski retiring Renteria on one pitch to end the seventh inning was, "Thank you for your contribution, Mr. Majewski. Now let's get Coffey or Weathers (I didn't know he was unavailable) in there to start the eighth inning."
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

It's too bad Majewski is a complete failure.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    ďIím a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.Ē - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    It's too bad Majewski is a complete failure.
    it's a little early to be saying that. Yes, he has be pretty bad thus far, but the guy is young and has pitched well in the past. He is probably just give out from over use in Washington. He should go on the DL for a couple of weeks and see how he fairs after. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    it's a little early to be saying that. Yes, he has be pretty bad thus far, but the guy is young and has pitched well in the past. He is probably just give out from over use in Washington. He should go on the DL for a couple of weeks and see how he fairs after. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet.
    If he has to go on the DL b/c of overuse, he isn't a complete failure. The trade, on the other hand...

This is one of the problems with these old guys in the bullpen. Yeah, it's nice to have that veteran experience and scrappiness in there but days like yesterday where they were unavailable make it tough on the other pitchers. I think most people would have wanted Majewski out of there after he closed out the previous inning so he could leave on a positive note and so they wouldn't have to risk pitching him another inning. Even in the next inning when ATL got runners on base. Narron didn't have anyone warming up till McCann was up. Now whether Narron would have had anyone warming up if Weathers and Cormier were available is anyone's guess. But it makes a manager's decision easier when he has a full compliment of relievers available.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I wouldn't mind to see Majewski optioned to Louisville till September when the rosters are expanded. There, he can work out his problems. With Matt Belisle ready to come off the DL, doesn't this make sense?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I wouldn't mind to see Majewski optioned to Louisville till September when the rosters are expanded. There, he can work out his problems. With Matt Belisle ready to come off the DL, doesn't this make sense?
    I have a feeling Belisle won't be activated till September 1.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I have a feeling Belisle won't be activated till September 1.
    Mercker, on the other hand, is supposedly close to ready. Majeski has an option; I'd like to see him go down and regroup, both mentally and physically. His stuff is just coming in so flat right now.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?