Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who's the Greatest Golfer Ever to Play the Game?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tiger Woods

44 61.97%
  • Jack Nicklaus

22 30.99%
  • Other

5 7.04%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tiger vs. Jack

Re: Tiger vs. Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    False.

Match play events do not count towards his streak. The next stroke play event he enters will determine the fate of the streak.

Tiger's record going into the Ryder Cup, 7-11-2. Look for him to play the majority of his matches with Jim Furyk. Tiger will need to be near perfect for the US to have any remote chance against Europe.

My prediction, Europe 16.5 to 11.5.
    I know he practiced some with JJ Henry, so expect him to play with him once.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I know he practiced some with JJ Henry, so expect him to play with him once.

Yeah, it was mentioned on the Golf Channel that Tiger and Henry might play fourball together, but look for Tiger and Jimmy F for alternate shot.

Tiger is only 2-1-1 in Sunday Singles Matches, so head to head he's still mortal in the past. I look for Tiger to win his singles match, and should hopefully offer the US at least 2.5 points. Anything more than that, and I would be surprised, due to the teammate element.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    And, the Europeans need to be near perfect to defeat the United States. There is not that great of a talent difference for anyone to accurately predict that one side or the other has only a remote chance of winning. Two very good teams of golfers. The one that is "hot" will win.
    Clarke, Casey, Donald, Garcia, Harrington, Howell, Karlsson, McGinley, Montgomerie, Olazabal, Stenson, Westwood. Know thy enemy. 10 out of those 12 have been on winning European teams. Only Furyk, Mickelson and Woods have been on winning US teams. The European teams sports 2 rookies, Karlsson and Stenson. The US has 4: Henry, Johnson, Taylor, and Cincinnati's own Brett Wetterich. The US has a combined career record of 31-39-10. Europe's is 75-42-21. That's kind of staggering to me. Call me un-patriotic, but I just don't see a US victory over at The K Club.

The US needs some new blood, cause a lot of the old blood hasn't been getting it done. Sometimes youth and inexperience hurt, but sometimes it is oblivious to the pressure. It will be fun to watch.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

I agree. I think having the rookies there will be a good thing. This might be the first time in a few decades where the Europeans actually have the better talent from top to bottom. They should be favored to win this one.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Did anyone notice, when they asked him what he would be doing if he wasn't a golfer, he said he would be a Navy SEAL? At first I was kind of shocked, and thought "a golfer making it as a SEAL?" But after thinking about it more, he probably would make it, he has the focus and determination, also he went to Harvard so he's not stupid. I just thought that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    Did anyone notice, when they asked him what he would be doing if he wasn't a golfer, he said he would be a Navy SEAL? At first I was kind of shocked, and thought "a golfer making it as a SEAL?" But after thinking about it more, he probably would make it, he has the focus and determination, also he went to Harvard so he's not stupid. I just thought that was funny.
    Who is he?
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If you're referring to Tiger, he went to Stanford for two years.

And his father was a Green Beret in Viet Nam. Earl was also the first black man to play baseball in the Big 8 conference.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Who is he?
    If you're referring to Tiger, he went to Stanford for two years.

And his father was a Green Beret in Viet Nam. Earl was also the first black man to play baseball in the Big 8 conference.
    Sorry I was kind of, what do you call it, oh yeah drunk when I posted this. Yes I was talking about Tiger, and I don't know why I put Harvard. And I knew his Father was in the military, but I did not know that he was a Green Beret. That provides a little more insight as to why Tiger would want to go into special forces.

USA down 2 1/2 to 1 1/2 at the end of the 4 ball matches this morning.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    USA down 2 1/2 to 1 1/2 at the end of the 4 ball matches this morning.
    That's better than it usually is after the 4 ball matches. If the Americans can keep it within 1.5 points after the afternoon matches, they have a shot.

Tiger/Furyk won their morning match 1 up.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-22-2006 at 09:52 AM.

I heart Ryder Cup.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Yay!

I heart Ryder Cup.
    It is good theatre.

The following are the matches for Friday afternoon's Foursomes at the Ryder Cup:

Match 5: Padraig Harrington/Paul McGinley (EUR) vs.
    Chad Campbell/Zach Johnson (USA)

Match 6: David Howell/Henrik Stenson (EUR) vs.
    Stewart Cink/David Toms (USA)

Match 7: Lee Westwood/Colin Montgomerie (EUR) vs.
    Phil Mickelson/Chris DiMarco (USA)

Match 8: Luke Donald/Sergio Garcia (EUR) vs.
    Tiger Woods/Jim Furyk (USA)
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I heart Ryder Cup.
    Agreed. What station is broadcasting the afternoon matches?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Agreed. What station is broadcasting the afternoon matches?

USA, all day. 8A to 6P. Best all day programming I've seen on any station in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    USA, all day. 8A to 6P. Best all day programming I've seen on any station in forever.
    not shown live
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Turn Off Ads?