Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drew Stubbs sits bench with toe injury

Re: Drew Stubbs sits bench with toe injury

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Ok? Did I miss something?
    nothing other than he's the guy the Reds should have drafted.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds should have drafted a lot of other guys, but they didnt. Lets not let this turn into a Jeremy Sowers kind of thing, or a Scott Kazmir kind of thing, especially before Lincecum actually does something.

The Reds should have drafted a lot of other guys, but they didnt. Lets not let this turn into a Jeremy Sowers kind of thing, or a Scott Kazmir kind of thing
    ...or a Chad Cordero kind of thing.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    nothing other than he's the guy the Reds should have drafted.

Yep. I could not understand that one.

Oh well.

Especially since Lincecum was pretty advanced and could have helped out in the pen during the 2007 season with the possible arrival of Bailey as well. Talk about both pitching units getting a shot of talent, Mercy. Buckley got Gabe Gross'd again

Stubbs was 0-3 with 2 k's and a walk tonight last I checked.

from BP

The No. 10 overall pick in June, Lincecum has had little difficulty adjusting to professional baseball. On a strict pitch count of 60, Linecum has struck out 21 of the 42 batters he has faced as a pro in his 10.1 innings, and has already touched 99 mph on several occasions. You get the feeling that some of the teams who picked before the Giants but stayed away from Lincecum because of his size are going to be sorry.

Ahhhhh Ricardo, it seems that you've changed your tune since July 22nd of last year. IIRC, and I think I do, you were in an argument of who should be in the starting rotation, Jimmy Serrano, or Luke Hudson (fresh off the worst start in baseball history). Serrano was having success in AAA, while Hudson was pitching to his ability (not very good) in Cincy, but you seemed to think that since Serrano was 5'10" that there was no way that he could pitch in the majors, because his ball did not travel on a steep enough downward plane from the pitcher's mound to home plate.

Now you're bashing the Reds for not drafting Linecum, a 5'10" pitcher, who has dominated a whole 10 innings of professional baseball...WoW!!! According to you he will never succeed in the majors anyways.

Can you name the last quality major league starter that was 5'10" or under?
    it is very simple physics. The shorter you are the flatter the plane on which you are pitching. Being tall is a big advantage. It doesn't mean shorter pitchers cannot succeed, but after the mound was lowered in the late 60's it made it very tough for a shorter pitcher to succeed.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    Ahhhhh Ricardo, it seems that you've changed your tune since July 22nd of last year. IIRC, and I think I do, you were in an argument of who should be in the starting rotation, Jimmy Serrano, or Luke Hudson (fresh off the worst start in baseball history). Serrano was having success in AAA, while Hudson was pitching to his ability (not very good) in Cincy, but you seemed to think that since Serrano was 5'10" that there was no way that he could pitch in the majors, because his ball did not travel on a steep enough downward plane from the pitcher's mound to home plate.

Now you're bashing the Reds for not drafting Linecum, a 5'10" pitcher, who has dominated a whole 10 innings of professional baseball...WoW!!! According to you he will never succeed in the majors anyways.
    Well, he said "starter", if he turns into a shutdown closer, which the Reds need, it hurts just as bad. One season you get 2 95+ pitchers arrive on the seen. Wow!!!

i'm not sure your opinion, but most people don't like drafting relievers in the first round... whose the other 95+ guy we have?
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Everything I have seen on Lincecum stated his is 6'0", still short but not 5'10" or under.

Not a bad attempt at a strawman to morph a comment about the 5'9" Serrano into one about the 6 foot Lincecum.

his line from BA

Tim Lincecum, rhp
    School: Washington. Class: Jr.
    Hometown: Renton, Wash.
    B-T: L-R. Ht.: 6-0. Wt.: 165. Birthdate: 6/15/84.
    BTW, that Oswalt guy is 6'0" tall.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-16-2006 at 10:30 AM.

what about that martinez guy? and linecum is not 6'0" tall. the giants list him at 5'11", which probably is being generous. but maybe he's growing..
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10
    what about that martinez guy? and linecum is not 6'0" tall. the giants list him at 5'11",
    which still happens to be taller than 5'10"

I'm sure he'll be a 4'8" dwarf who wears elevator shoes by the time your finished.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-16-2006 at 10:59 AM.

which still happens to be taller than 5'10"

I'm sure he'll be a 4'8" dwarf who wears elevator shoes by the time your finished.
    now thats just rediculous ricardo...
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Turn Off Ads?