Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Not really digging Majewski right now / "Magic" Run Machine: Gary Majewski

Merged: Not really digging Majewski right now / "Magic" Run Machine: Gary Majewski

i am not really digging him right now!! hes been horrible thus far with us, hopefully hes just going through a bad stretch but its not his fault we lost today. ITS JERRY NARRON'S FOR MAKING THE DUMBEST I DECISION HAVE EVER SEEN. TAKING EDWIN OUT WHO WAS 2-2 WITH THE BASES LOADED. GOD. HE JUST PISSES ME OFF AT TIMES.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: majewski

Not his fault today, Phillips should have had the first double. Remain calm.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I was waiting for this thread.

Where's Mercker's?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I was waiting for this thread.

Where's Mercker's?
    For the record: If we ever get down to a thread complaining about one of the bullpen catachers, I'm logging out and never coming back.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    For the record: If we ever get down to a thread complaining about one of the bullpen catachers, I'm logging out and never coming back.
    After reading the ORG game thread, I'm at least looking forward to some Edwin Encarnacion jokes along the lines of the Denorfia, Chuck Norris, etc.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Narron thought it was the right move to hit Hatt, and Keith Hernandez said right or wrong it was a good move to make. I tend to believe in the decisions/observations of two guys with quite a few decades of actualy MLB experience over my fellow Redzone posters.

It's not Jerry's fault no one on the offense could bring in a runner.

After reading the ORG game thread, I'm looking forward to some Edwin Encarnacion jokes along the lines of the Denorfia, Chuck Norris, etc.
    I guess you missed mine....maybe they weren't that good.....crickets...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    I guess you missed mine....maybe they weren't that good.....crickets...
    Nahhh... I gave up after a few pages of it... too much for me.

And to think, my only neg point was for being too negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Not his fault today, Phillips should have had the first double. Remain calm.
    My thoughts exactly.

Frankly, he should have never been in the ballgame, too many missed opportunites, five consecutive innings with the lead-off man on base and twice there were two runners on in scoring the Reds didn't get it done.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    After reading the ORG game thread, I'm at least looking forward to some Edwin Encarnacion jokes along the lines of the Denorfia, Chuck Norris, etc.
    When Edwin speaks, its not just a conversation, its a lesson in humanity and bravery.

Can't blame Majewski. He gave up a run in the 10th inning, and inning that shouldn't have had to take place to the begin with.

Blame the hitting for this game, not the pitching.

When Edwin speaks, its not just a conversation, its a lesson in humanity and bravery.
    And when he breaks wind, sheets of satin laced with gold are released instead of the usual foul smelling odor of us mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    And when he breaks wind, sheets of satin laced with gold are released instead of the usual foul smelling odor of us mortals.
    Now you're gonna get crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Mike Stefanski is garbage! They never should've moved Mark Berry! The Reds season is going in the toilet because of this! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Unlucky Majewski stays calm in storm

http://www.dispatch.com/reds/reds.ph...nwsl&clk=38529

COMMENTARY
    Unlucky Majewski stays calm in storm
    Friday, July 21, 2006
    BOB HUNTER

CINCINNATI — Gary Majewski was a Houston Astros fan when he was a kid, and he knows what he would be thinking about a trade that gave up one of his team’s most popular players and another starting position player for a couple of relief pitchers.

"I know how much everybody loved Austin (Kearns) here," he said. "I would be thinking ‘What’s going on?’ "

You couldn’t blame him if he were thinking the same thing now. While he hasn’t exactly been lights out in his three appearances with his new team — his 22.50 ERA looked like a midnight bonfire stoked with rocket fuel — he hadn’t had much luck. And in two of his three chances to show everybody in Cincinnati that the Reds did the right thing by acquiring him and fellow reliever Bill Bray from the Washington Nationals, his outings have been sabotaged by bad plays.

In his first appearance, he got in trouble with a double and jam-job single but was about to get out of the inning when shortstop Royce Clayton, another Cincinnati newbie, booted a ground ball. Yesterday in the 10 th inning, he got Xavier Nady to hit a blooper to shallow right that second baseman Brandon Phillips had in his sights before rookie right fielder Chris Denorfia called him off.

Unfortunately, the hard-charging Denofia didn’t catch the ball and it fell for a $#!@*@#! double. After Majewski struck out Jose Reyes, lefty-swinging Endy Chavez slashed one just inside the line at third – everybody seems to place it just inside the foul line against Majewksi lately — for a double that gave the Mets a 3-2 lead and finished the reliever’s day again. When Kent Mercker entered and gave up a double to Carlos Beltran, the Mets had their final 4-2 margin and Majewski’s aching pitching line and had another run.

Majewski pulled his shirt over his head in anger when he reached the dugout but seemed unfazed by it all afterward.

"The first two outings ... everything started with the bloop hit and then the double down the line," he said. "It’s one of those things where you beat the guy and he’s late and he just gets it down the line. I was more frustrated at that than anything else."

Denorfia’s mistake didn’t bother him?

"It happens," Majewski said. "You can’t get mad. It would be like a position player getting (mad) when the pitcher throws a fastball down the middle and a guy hits the ball out."

Majewski’s calm acceptance of his misfortunes might be as good a sign of his value to the Reds as all the nice things they said about him in Washington; he reputedly had the best stuff of any of the relievers in the Nationals’ bullpen.

Reds manager Jerry Narron insists that he isn’t concerned about Majewski’s first three outings, and although he almost has to say that, his explanation seemed sincere.

"He’s going to do a good job for us," Narron said. "Shoot, he was out of that inning. It seems like every outing he’s been out there there’s been some kind of freaky little play. He’ll be fine. He’s going to get a lot of chances to pitch and I’m sure he’ll do fine."

Majewski has the mentality for it, anyway. He was wearing a T-shirt in the clubhouse afterward that can’t be quoted in a family newspaper, or even in a respectable strip club. It strung together three raw expletives in a five-word sentence, which he thinks of as a nice challenge for opposing batters.

But after the storm of protest over the trade, he knows that Cincinnati fans would rather see some results than hear about some silly prop he wears under his uniform. He also seems to be enjoying the attention — negative as some of it is — that most middle relievers never accumulate in their entire careers.

"I love it," he said. "I’m relaxed and I’m going out there throwing strikes and trying to do the best I can. It’s just one of those things. I just can’t let stuff like this affect me."

Could this just be a lot of false bravado? Maybe. But he steadfastly claims he isn’t frustrated.

"I just want to put up a zero."

Bob Hunter is a sports columnist for The Dispatch .

bhunter@dispatch.com
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?